Votes: 79 28.5%
  • 5000-6000 RPM

Votes: 53 19.1%
  • 6000-7000 RPM

Votes: 49 17.7%
  • I JUST IDLE AND GO

Votes: 36 13.0%

• Total voters
After some more seat time, I'm leaving at 3500 rpms. 60ft times are in the mid 1.60's. My best 1/4 mile time was 9.87 with a 1/8 mile of 6.36. Getting better. Still foot shifting. Need more seat time.

what if you have a bone stock bike

Depends more on you than the bike. Everybody launches different in only 3 posts above. Read the rest and you will find numbers,numbers,numbers.
I tried idle, 2000 , 3000 , up to 6 and now 4.5 is ok for me , and the poll result shows same for most

Try for yourself what you like....slip the clutch at higher or snap at lower rpms

Read the story of professor , thats a cool way

Last edited:
I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING 6000 WORK FOR ME 255 IN BOXERS MY BEST 60 WAS 1.55 AJUSTED THE SUSPENSION SO IT SQAUTS FAST THEN REBOUND SLOW 1.48 RAN A 6.07 AT 119.982 63'' BUSA AIOT HAS TO DO WITH THE SUSPENSION:beerchug::thumbsup:

1.52-1.55's, 67"ws, 16-45 gearing, stock motor with stock header and bolt ons. I leave at 5,500 and pin the throttle/dump the clutch at the hit of the light. My times are slow, but I think the clutch was slipping a tad. So fresh stack,and gonna try again this friday... Here's a [ic of a 6,500 launch, and no I didnt let out lmao!

IMG_8698-.jpg

Last edited:
My best so far is is 10.43 @135 .18 r/t 1.702 60' I weigh about 275 suited. mods are in sig except that i was only running a header at the track Yosh TI 4into1. stock arm, shinko u-soft @ 26psi left between 4-6k range (honestly dont remember). Strapped the front suspension was still set for handling, lowered 2" in the rear. I have vids but i cant get my camera to read on my pc

So I've been reading threw some of these posts and I've noticed that most over you are running high tire pressure. My 1000 is +10" and I run 8psi I'm getting consistent 1.5 60's. Best time of 9.38@149 stock motor, hand clutching. With more seat time and an air shifter i bet it will shave a few more tenths.

What tire you running? 8 psi is WAY low. One of these days that rim is gonna slip inside the tire or your gonna pop the bead. Ive seen it happen. A friend of mine runs a GSXR 1000 and he runs 30,35
psi in his and runs 9.0's @ 155+

I thought the same thing but I've been threw 5 slick last summer with no problems. A friend of mine road races so I get he's leftover slicks.

What tire you running? 8 psi is WAY low. One of these days that rim is gonna slip inside the tire or your gonna pop the bead. Ive seen it happen. A friend of mine runs a GSXR 1000 and he runs 30,35
psi in his and runs 9.0's @ 155+

Exactly! I had this happen and it is not fun on the big end. Felt like my pan had busted but it was a flat tire! I was blessed that I did not go down. Prayed for dear life after going through the traps and the back end swaying. I keep it above 12 psi always. I have found that even that low (for me) was caused by an improperly set shock not track. Lowest I ran last year after that fiasco is 14 psi. I normally start at 17 psi and go up or down. Lowering that launch rpm helps to pin the throttle quicker, better 330 ft, and helps with traction since you are not shocking the tire as hard. My 330ft was normally in the 3.9s launching under 3K.

I'm 9.5" over stock, running 8.5psi, leaving at 6500 on a stock clutch with brocks mod; completely stock motor minus stator and cooling system, -2/+5. Here's my last time slip: (Rick was on a stretched ZX14)

TimeSlip.jpg

It all depends on:

clutch! (mod or no? stock pack, drag pack, etc)
length (stretch?)
height/suspension setup
power you're working with.

I'm about 9 over on a shinko stealth (not u-soft), lowered and clutch mod. I was leaving at around 8,500 and not slipping. You have to get in that power band as quick as possible. NO BOGGING, which usually means getting the RPMs up there. Watch some of the big guys. No bogging, that bog kills tenths by the time you get to the back end.

I've been 9.5x now on this setup and haven't even gotten close to dialed in yet, and not tuned. (a simple tune got me .2 lower last season on my old motor.) I can see 9.2s or so out of it on this stock motor before I go nitrous on her.

Remember, they say one tenth on the front end equals two - three tenths on the back end, so a hard launch with no bog is really important. As you can see, almost everyone here leaves at a different RPM lol because they have different tires, lengths, weight, etc. which means you'll have to find yours for yourself. At the end of the day, your best RPM launch is whatever you won't spin on, won't bog on, and have a small, controllable wheelie from. (if your swb, if you dont have a small wheelie, you're not hittin it hard enough!)

Back