Post your 60 ft times and lauch technique here

My 60' times are arounf 1.55 to 1.63. I have the clutch mod and cushion kit as well as 8" over. I do weigh 270 and I feel if I lost about 35 I could really get in the 1.4 range. I used to leave at 4k but i leave at 5-6k now that I have the added inches.
cool.gif

What are your times with that fast 60' ?
rock.gif

stock wheel base best 1.57 almost always 1.60 or better. 62in best of 1.52 on the motor. My bike has stock clutch 300lb springs. Suited up I weigh around 230lbs. My bike really needs an air shifter now with the mods I have. Really hard to shift 2-3 and 3-4, too much pressure on the tranny.

Stock wheel base, stock tire, stock gearing!

Lowered 3" in rear, strapped only, BDE clutch mod, BDE pipe, PAIR mod, airbox mod!

1.622 60' consistently! Launching *bad* between 1.622 and 1.657 all night last night!

Last year I swore up and down to launch at 4,000 RPM's slipping the clutch all the way out. Well this year I don't think that is the best way. I tried many different things first time out this year (last night) and have run my best times yet........but.........they are still WAY OFF!

I tried everything from IDLE-to-3,000 and it seamed the less I reved it, the quicker I got. Keep in mind NOT in the 60' but from then on. My 330' and 1/8' times kept coming down more and more the smoother and lower(RPM's) I launched.

I will be swapping my front sprocket out tonight(16-tooth), getting ready for next week. I will also be changing my oil to Mobil 1 and putting the air box lid(No-filter) in at the track in hopes of quicker times!

With my current setup and WEIGHT(195lbs.), I am looking to get in the 9.5-.6 range with the above mods.

I don't have the slips with me to share all the numbers but my best runs are 9.802 and 9.805 @ 142 & 143 MPH (both 1.622---60')!

Josh
blues.gif

First weekend out on an all stock 04 limited edition, Schnitz front strap and lower links. Front tire pressure at 60lbs. Launch at 2500.
60'    1.788
330'   4.627
1/8    4.627
speed 109.70
1000   8.807
1/4     10.463
speed  136.08
250 lb suited up driver on Amoco premium
Looking forward to next weekend. I have drag raced a ZX6R for the last 3 years. What a difference, this bike is so smooth.

launch_busa.JPG

First weekend out on an all stock 04 limited edition, Schnitz front strap and lower links. Front tire pressure at 60lbs. Launch at 2500.
60'    1.788
330'   4.627
1/8    4.627
speed 109.70
1000   8.807
1/4     10.463
speed  136.08
250 lb suited up driver on Amoco premium
Looking forward to next weekend. I have drag raced a ZX6R for the last 3 years. What a difference, this bike is so smooth.
Not bad,now try it with some 87 octane fuel or VP ultimate 4. You'll be surprised with either one.

87 octane? isn't that a little low for this bike? I've been told to run 91 minimun from the factory. Thanks for the info, I've ordered some nutec special 5, and Brock Davidson's "New owner Hayabusa package" and the brock brick last night. I'm gonna go all stock this weekend again to hone my skills. These bikes have the skills I just need to learn to let them out.

04LIMITED,

Nice pics and good times for your weight! Keep up the good work.

As streaker00 has stated, the bike will run quicker and dyno higher with a good quality 87 Octane gas. I know it doesn't make since as far as the octane rating goes but it has been proven many times on the track and dyno. I think what it came down to was that the newer 87 Octane has more Oxygen or something in it for better gas mileage and makes the bike put out more power.

Run 2-tanks of 87 through your bike and go back to the track. With a decent launch your ET/MPH will improve!

Keep us updated with your bike progress.

Josh
blues.gif

Just to clarify, that is for pump gas only!

Nutec 5 will put out more power with your future mod setup!

flick the clutch out quickly, with out dumping it,launch 5,000 rpm!stock motor,stock 58.5,stock clutch!!! I have been 1.55 60ft,4.05 330.

don't listen to fassazz... he is full of shiat... he has never had his bicycle at the track. He just wants you to get hurt.
wink.gif

btw you gonna be at the track this weekend?

k I'll try and make it on friday. how far is byron from cr?

Back