Laptop hellllp!

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Dang! Daughters laptop won't allow me past password screen? We are entering correct pword but it keeps saying 'system cannot log me in, please contact administrator for help'

???

How do I or can I get past this screen to reset her password and make it work?

If you have no other log in for it, you can use a password crack tool like Hirens. Depending on the operating system (Win 7, XP) you may have to use a different flavor.

+1000 on Hirens.

If he's in XP, he could always try to log on as administrator (if password was ever set for it)....

OK, so download Hirens Boot CD and boot the PC from the CD. Then, select Hirens Boot CD, and you will be prompted to go to active password changer, etc...

You will be able to select the account you want to clear the password on and should be OK from there. If not, let us know.

I think at her log on screen you can hit quickly the ctrl/Alt/Del keys quickl twice in a row. That should bring up the admin log and hope it was like left blank and no password or maybe you know the password for that.

Skywalker is right Saiid. Hit Control/ALt/Delete 2X and it should show you ALL the available users to log in under. That will include the Administrator account. IF it's a user issue you should be able to log in under that. And there is a way to change any users password with the admin account...

There are several password utility tools. Most are free. Just make sure you choose the option to blank out the password. Don't try to reset the password to a different value. Also try to stick with blanking out the administrator password. Don't worry about resetting your daughters user account. After you login to the administrator account you can do what you want with the other accounts including resetting them. Good Luck.

How to use the net user command to change the user password at a
Windows command prompt. Only administrators can change domain passwords at the
Windows command prompt. To change a user's password at the command prompt, log
on as an administrator and type: "net user <user_name> * /domain"
(without the quotation marks)

When you are prompted to type a password
for the user, type the new password, not the existing password. After you type
the new password, the system prompts you to retype the password to confirm. The
password is now changed.

Alternatively, you can type the following
command: net user <user_name> <new_password>. When you do so, the
password changes without prompting you again. This command also enables you to