knocking noise

pipsco

Registered
Hi everyone, anyone got any idea what makes this knocking noise during tick over. smooth as hell when riding, no noises when cold only warm. checked for intake leaks, balance throttle bodies, new plugs, etc. no mods and standard exhaust. is this normal or am I overlooking something? oh and doesn't change when I pull the clutch in. thanks in advance.

Check those bolts

as in engine mount bolts. my clutch as been checked and is fine.

Last edited:
had a good look today, checked throttle bodies again, all nicely balanced. set tick over to recommend setting.
done the old long screwdriver listening check all over, crank, head and clutch..= no knocking noises all sound like a sewing machine. I think its unburnt fuel in the exhaust, maybe :banghead::banghead:

That’s the same sound my busa makes. Took it to the dealer a couple of times and they told me it is a normal busa sound. I still ride with that sound everyday. Weird thing is after 2 second oppinions 1 garage told me it could be a crankshaft bearing but je was not for sure. I still don’t know what the sound is and I still don’t trust it.

it's strange because I have no adverse effects for over 2000 miles of riding it.no fault codes, excellent starter hot or cold, smooth as silk when riding.doesnt burn oil. someone suggest adjusting the balance shaft.

it's strange because I have no adverse effects for over 2000 miles of riding it.no fault codes, excellent starter hot or cold, smooth as silk when riding.doesnt burn oil. someone suggest adjusting the balance shaft.
That’s exactly what i’ve also got. No codes. Smooth riding. But this weird knock when warmed up. In a couple of months i will go to another garage and ask what they think because it needs a little maintenance.

adjusted the balancer shaft today no change in noise.someone on the UK busa site as suggested it may be the airbox flapper.so I will check tomorrow

adjusted the balancer shaft today no change in noise.someone on the UK busa site as suggested it may be the airbox flapper.so I will check tomorrow
Good luck finding it. I read in a similair post something about a bottom nut. This is what i found. Maybe it is worth checking it out.

No nothing else loose,just the bottom mounting nut,funny thing was when you looked at it ,it was not backed out looked tight.Haynes manual tells you to check these bolts as regular maintenance,and no I don't think anything had been done to the bike,I have covered over 6000 Miles and it just started to happen

Definitely heard the knocking sound and does not sound normal to me kind of weird but if that sound happed on a 1800 goldwing that sound suggest the ADG alternator drive gear bearings are failing anyway good luck with it let us know what was it :thumbsup:

Back