Weird Knock noise

Punisher

Donating Member
Registered
O.K. I have this weird knock every once in awhile when the bike is at idle almost like something tapping inside the engine. It's different than my cam chain noise though. This only happens every little bit. I thought maybe it's clutch plates? Oh by the way this noise is when the bike is sitting still with the bike in neutral and clutch out.
Any ideas?

rock.gif

Mine also. Seen many posts on it. It seems to be normal. Just monitor it.
beerchug.gif

Have you noticed you can feel it in the handle bars also? If so that makes me feel a little better.

Been a while since I rode, but it is pretty noticeble knock, but not to where it is rattling anything

O.K. thanks guys. It's the first I've noticed the knock. Not sure if it's because it was 30 this morning when I rode or if it was because I just changed the oil and maybe I forgot something. Man I love this board!

bowdown.gif

man , I just rode for about an hour ,,it had been about a week since I rode and I hear the same knock ,,,you can rev it up in neutral to about 3000rpms and let off and you can hear the knock it sounds like a bearing of something in the bottom end ,,,,,I came inside to look on the forum and seen this post ,,I swear I have never heard this knock before ,,are ya'll sure this is normal,,I only have 2700 miles on it .I think I an going by the dealer tomorrow anyway
SHOCKED.gif

I have a little over 1400 miles on mine and its been doing it the whole time.

I thought this was something similar to the other posts but wanted to make sure. I just went over 7000 on mine. Is this the same noise that someone (not sure who) did a mod to not to long ago to try and get rid of the noise?

My '06 does it. Worse in the winter than in the summer. (Or so it seems). Does not seem as bad after the bike gets warmed up.

(heavybusa @ Feb. 20 2007,19:06) You need louder exhaust!
laugh.gif
Haha. I'm working on that one myself! Did however notice that the bike is getting a more mellow running sound as the bike gets the miles on her. My 600 I had also sounded better after 5 or so thousand miles on her too.

Back