Help please engine knocking.

torquemonsterr

Registered
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and I am currently riding a 2011 gen 2 busa, its about 3 months old and has done about 4300 miles.

Recently i have experienced some engine knocking noise, the knocking noise only occur when i accelerate hard at low RPM <2000 and under load, it sounds like a 'tap tap tap' noise and its quite loud. However, if i accelerate smoothly, there is no knocking noise at all.

The bike is totally stock and has no modification done to it.

Can someone tell me whats wrong with my bike?

Thanks!

I have never heard, of it, but one easy thing to try, is half a bottle of dry gas, to make sure there is no water in the fuel!

Mine sounds like hell if I'm running low RPMs and nail it too. I don't do it, in or on anything. If you need to accelerate and you're running low RPMs then downshift a gear or two. Have I got the situation wrong. Also that puppies under warranty. Take it in.

Mine sounds like hell if I'm running low RPMs and nail it too. I don't do it, in or on anything. If you need to accelerate and you're running low RPMs then downshift a gear or two. Have I got the situation wrong. Also that puppies under warranty. Take it in.

The engine knocking happends even when i try to accelerate hard at low rpm in first gear..

If the next tank of fuel doesn't square it away, I'd take it to the dealer.

I'm sorry bit if I just bought a new bike three months ago and it started knocking and I couldn't figure it out easily I would be at the dealer that day or the next when they opened telling them to fix. I wouldn't wait for another tank of gas.

It doesn't have the tapping noise when i rev it in neutral. The only time it tap is when i fully release the clutch and open the throttle hard at low revs and low speed.
I guess i have to take it to the dealer.

Back