Kicked out of the PX today...

Nick7, I can understand your frustration. I have not been to Iraq myself, but have heard horrow stories from my friends that have spent multiple tours there. A buddy of mine was out on patrol with a bunch of iraq forces behind them. As they came under fire from a building my buddies patrol opened fire on the building. The iraq's that were in a tank did not fire back. They were in a tank and there was no way they would get hurt. Our soliders are over there trying to rebuild this country and their own people really don't care.

I just thought I'd throw this in too... 3 deployments under my belt and I've learned that oddly enough, in Iraq, it usually isn't the Iraqi's trying to kill us, it's the people from neighboring countries. Sure, there are some in there, but so many from other countries too.

As far as skill with a boxcutter... does it take a degree to use one with some semblance of skill? What have I been missing? Oh, and for the record, I had just left Mosul for R&R when the Dfac was blown up, so yeah, I know how you feel.

Gang this thread serves no value. back and forth with name calling and stupid comments. Move along to something more meaningful.

Sometimes I wish I had a 10 second delay between my brain and mouth. On more occasions than I care to remember I have said things that seemed funny in my head without thinking of all the different ways it could be taken . This comment said to another nationality would not have been raceist off color yes poor taste maybe but not raceist. So by not being raceist and forgeting who he was talking to it came out that way. Just an off the cuff comment that wasen't ment to mean any thing other than dude your bad azz with a box cutter, just said the wrong way. That is a possibility.

I think everyone should rethink thier condemnation of the poster unless you have been over there in the mix of blood, guts and death!

War is a nasty game filed with death and distruction. When you are faced with the reality of war, your views will change!

I think everyone should rethink thier condemnation of the poster unless you have been over there in the mix of blood, guts and death!

War is a nasty game filed with death and distruction. When you are faced with the reality of war, your views will change!

Then i stand by my post.

It was a rude comment directed at someone who was just trying to do a job. I don't think it makes Nick an idiot or a moron or a jackass, it was just a crappy thing to say and I think he should appoligise. :thumbsup:

Oh and I still don't get why Tony's buddy who was in Afghanistan would call Iraqis terrorists. :laugh:

Last edited:
I was going to the PX today to appologize because I honestly didnt mean to offend him or anyone else. I took my buddy with me who is an interpiture so I could make it very clear to him in his own language how sorry I was that I offended him. And to find out where they hide the darn locks! He saw me and said you were the guy from yeasterday. I said yes in a way that showed my dissapointment in myself. He told me I was a funny guy and then went off about the manager asking me to leave. They were sold out of locks but he put 2 back in the freezer that he works in for me. I am glad he just laughed it off and found it funny and knew that I didnt mean anything bad by it.

I was going to the PX today to appologize because I honestly didnt mean to offend him or anyone else. I took my buddy with me who is an interpiture so I could make it very clear to him in his own language how sorry I was that I offended him. And to find out where they hide the darn locks! He saw me and said you were the guy from yeasterday. I said yes in a way that showed my dissapointment in myself. He told me I was a funny guy and then went off about the manager asking me to leave. They were sold out of locks but he put 2 back in the freezer that he works in for me. I am glad he just laughed it off and found it funny and knew that I didnt mean anything bad by it.

Good on you for doing the right thing bro. :thumbsup:

Back