Kicked out of the PX today...

I didnt mean to stir anything up here but he is from the villiage that we always get hit... I am not saying I was right by anymean but I have met some out standing Iraqi's last deployment and have never had a problem with TCN's. I have also been shot at and blown up by Iraqi's so excuse me if I do have an issue with some of them! They do not do good back round checks on these guys who they let on post... Anyone remember a few years ago in mosule when a local national walked into the dfac and blew it all to hell. I do because I was there! I thought thought it was crazy how good this guy was with a box cutter bc I have cut myself a few times! And back in 2001 our air planes were taken over by box cutters just saying!

I lived in a neighborhood where black guys would always do drive-bys... doesnt mean i can go up to EVERY black guy in the neighborhood and say they did the drive by....
and yes, ive been shot at by black guys in texas..but im not a racist....

my roommate just got back from Afghanistan, spent 3 years getting shot at and watching 6 of his closest friends die...but he doesn't go around calling all iraqs terrorist...

dont blame it on your experiences... blame yourself.

and just for the record on of my moms best friends who I would do anything for because she is like family is Iraqi and was kicked out of her country by sadam! I wish I had pictures from last deployment where I did several humanitian missions with a smile on my face because I felt like I was making this part of the world better.

You have a very poor way of showing respect to your Mom's friend. Making snide comments like you stated is very immature and racist.

You would be better off not digging yourself a deeper whole.

I dont have anything against all of them! I said that in first post I said I have some hostilitay against some of them... Can an admin fix my mistake and delete this thread. I am sorry that I came off like jack ass!

I dont have anything against all of them! I said that in first post I said I have some hostilitay against some of them... Can an admin fix my mistake and delete this thread. I am sorry that I came off like jack ass!

edit your own thread... delete it.

..Nick, if you take away these guys ammo they cant harp on ya.
Just agree with them and laugh it off.:beerchug:

edit: grammar

Last edited:
Thanks blue I know I am not a racest and I really dont care what people think about me to behonest. I guess I am a jack ass but I can live with that because I know I have done a lot of good for several people over here! But I am shocked that someone would think I would blame my dumbass comment I made today on TBI. Several people use this as an excuse but not me unelss I am joking because I just forgot somthing like 2 seconds afterwords.

The best thing you can do is go over there tomorrow and apologize to the man. The lady should be there to hear it..

Nick, You may not be a racist, but your post was indeed conveying that message. Making an excuse for it is not going to help. Trying to convince others that you didn't mean it like that isn't going to help.

Appologizing for it and deleting the content of your first post by editing it, before the time limit to edit is gone, is your best bet.

Ask yourself who you would react if someone else made that comment to you and see what you would think. If you don't like it, don't say it.

I lived in a neighborhood where black guys would always do drive-bys... doesnt mean i can go up to EVERY black guy in the neighborhood and say they did the drive by....
and yes, ive been shot at by black guys in texas..but im not a racist....

my roommate just got back from Afghanistan, spent 3 years getting shot at and watching 6 of his closest friends die...but he doesn't go around calling all iraqs terrorist...

dont blame it on your experiences... blame yourself.

dude why the hell would your buddy go around calling Iraqis terrorists. He was in afghanistan.

Also I am not racist, some of my best friends are black.

Seriously that was a stupid and rude thing to say and she was right to ask you to leave. If you are that hostile go see a chaplain or shrink.
Posted via Mobile Device

I doubt this guy is an idiot. Unprofessional? Yes, but he's probably a young soldier and professionalism will come. He'll likely grow out of it as he becomes more seasoned in the ways of the world. Cut him a little slack.

I just have a hard time bashing a kid who is out there doing stuff FOR us. After we've walked a mile in his shoes perhaps we can start bashing him then. You can show disapproval without telling him what an idiot or moron he is.

Well my respect for Nick7 has dropped......I fully respect you are in an intense situation over there, and you have more balls than I for the fact that you joined up and are serving. However, from my perspective your actions in this post contradict the entire endgame this country has. Take a step back and try to see form this guys perspective. Dictator overthrown, utter chaos ensues, foreign visitors claim to be your friend in attempts to hurt America, not help your country. Then the supposed freedom fighter calls him a terrorist to his face. No I completely stand on the side of the Iraqi and the female who asked you to leave. If you are fed up, find a manageable way to relieve your tension. All you did was add to the ongoing issue over there.

IBTL

Back