Kicked azz Last night !

After reading this thread I was so PO'd I went out into the garage and kicked my "POS" K7 1000 off it's kickstand!! Now when are those 09 busas comin' out? Sign me up!
laugh.gif

Roll on racing proves nothing about the bikes but it sure does tell you alot about the riders ..
HUH?!?..........WHAT?............ I totally disagree with that!!! HOW CAN YOU MAKE THAT STATEMENT? ROLL-ON'S ARE THE TRUEST TEST OF THE BIKES HP!  Any monkey can ride a bike thats in 2-3 gear and hammer the throttle and shift gears!!!!! So how is this not tell anything about the bike's hp / performance?
Because a lot of riders have ZERO skills ...Now if you have two guys with good skills and same weight you can get a pretty good idea of what is going on ...But rarely do you get two guys with good racing skills and the same weight..
 There is more than just twisting the throttle in a roll on race ...You need to hit your shift points and not bump the limiter ,You need to know where to shift for best power, you need to know how to speed shift, you can lose two tenths of a second by not shifting correctly , you need to tuck in tight, not just your head but your feet and legs also .These screw ups can cost you a win by 3 to 4 bikes .. Best way to be good at roll on racing is to get good at the track ..Testing at the track will teach you how to go fast ... I see it ever week , a newbee on a 08 Busa, zx14 or Gixxer shows up and tells us he is hot stuff on the street  but can't get out of the 10s at the track ..They come one time to the track and find out how slow they are and never come back ever again ..
 I see guys with Big hp ( turbo bikes ) get beat on the street by stock motored bikes because the guy on the stock motored bike had mad skills ..It happenes all the time ... Want proof ? take two 08 Busas same mods and race them from a roll on at 60 MPH , there will be no ties, someone is going to win and someone is going to lose ..

I see guys with Big hp ( turbo bikes ) get beat on the street by stock motored bikes because the guy on the stock motored bike had mad skills ..It happenes all the time ...
If I owned a turbo busa(that was setup and running great) and a stock busa beat me in a roll-on race, then I would sell my bike and get a goldwing.. Skills help but they don't make up THAT kind of difference in a basic roll-on race.

An air-shifter would take away about 75% of any skills the other driver would have.

Roll on racing proves nothing about the bikes but it sure does tell you alot about the riders ..
HUH?!?..........WHAT?............ I totally disagree with that!!! HOW CAN YOU MAKE THAT STATEMENT? ROLL-ON'S ARE THE TRUEST TEST OF THE BIKES HP!  Any monkey can ride a bike thats in 2-3 gear and hammer the throttle and shift gears!!!!! So how is this not tell anything about the bike's hp / performance?
Because a lot of riders have ZERO skills ...Now if you have two guys with good skills and same weight you can get a pretty good idea of what is going on ...But rarely do you get two guys with good racing skills and the same weight..
 There is more than just twisting the throttle in a roll on race ...You need to hit your shift points and not bump the limiter ,You need to know where to shift for best power, you need to know how to speed shift, you can lose two tenths of a second by not shifting correctly , you need to tuck in tight, not just your head but your feet and legs also .These screw ups can cost you a win by 3 to 4 bikes ..  Best way to be good at roll on racing is to get good at the track ..Testing at the track will teach you how to go fast ... I see it ever week , a newbee on a 08 Busa, zx14 or Gixxer shows up and tells us he is hot stuff on the street  but can't get out of the 10s at the track ..They come one time to the track and find out how slow they are and never come back ever again ..
 I see guys with Big hp ( turbo bikes ) get beat on the street by stock motored bikes because the guy on the stock motored bike had mad skills ..It happenes all the time ... Want proof ? take two 08 Busas same mods and race them from a roll on at 60 MPH , there will be no ties, someone is going to win and someone is going to lose ..
Point taken, i've seen what your talking about at the track many times too..... i just dont agree with a roll on is not a true test of the machines power, but DOES showcase the skills of a rider.....sorry man i just have to disagree on this one, NOW 1/4 mile et YES, i would have to say 60%rider skills 40%bike. To me any "decent" rider can pin the throttle and shift the bike at redline, i do understand there are exceptions, but the majority.......roll on's=bikes ability to get from A 2 B.......1/4= takes alot of rider skill to get that same bike from A 2 B........just my
2cents.gif
Oh well i guess this is what keeps us comming back here, see ya in the trenches
beerchug.gif

Back