Kawasaki is emerging as a world leader of bikes

however as a flagship of the brand, it should have been competitive right out of the crate...to marginally beat it's predecessor just isn't enough.
100%. After all, they had how many years to develop it? And how many engine builders around the globe they could have sat down with over a beer.

100%. After all, they had how many years to develop it? And how many engine builders around the globe they could have sat down with over a beer.
EV bikes will be the future...maybe the big 4 are working on the next generation of those...it will be a difficult chore to mix performance with economy...

But.....if HD can do it.....

True, although the GSXR used to be the world leader, Suzuki has been sitting on it's laurels lately which is never a good sign of things to come.

The GSX series is based on an old design, even the new touted GSX GT is nothing new and stellar other than a few "do dads" to make it more of a sport tourer and you can bet the bag system came right off a V-Strom.

I will always be a Suzuki guy as I'm loyal like that but they sure make it hard sometimes.

I have always been a big fan of the Hayabusa since I saw one at the '98 bike show but I really thought the gen 3 should have come out as a fire breather worthy of it's lineage. I know we are happy it is still in the line up though and with work it will be a beast-once that ECU is unlocked, the potential will be realized however as a flagship of the brand, it should have been competitive right out of the crate...to marginally beat it's predecessor just isn't enough.
As to the title of this thread, Harley Davidson is still the world leader of bikes, with Honda a distant second.

That is if we leave mopeds out of the numbers.

US data below to prove the statement made.

As to the new Hayabusa being disappointing, some of us enjoy riding the machine, while others get paralysis by analysis looking at numbers and specifications published on the internet.

As to the title of this thread, Harley Davidson is still the world leader of bikes, with Honda a distant second.

That is if we leave mopeds out of the numbers.

US data below to prove the statement made.

As to the new Hayabusa being disappointing, some of us enjoy riding the machine, while others get paralysis by analysis looking at numbers and specifications published on the internet.

I was gearing towards the performance scale of leadership, not sales or economics.

I also enjoy riding my Hayabusa and have no paralysis on what the bike is or isn't.

Suzuki did have the opportunity to emerge this generation 3 bike to a level comparable to what the bike was in 1999 but chose not to for obvious reasons.

As for the number one motorcycle company in the world, it all depends as to which site you visit as to which company is number one worldwide..

Last edited:
I was gearing towards the performance scale of leadership, not sales or economics.

I also enjoy riding my Hayabusa and have no paralysis on what the bike is or isn't.

Suzuki did have the opportunity to emerge this generation 3 bike to a level comparable to what the bike was in 1999 but chose not to for obvious reasons.
LOL, gotcha, I knew you would take the bait.

So why don't you sell it and buy a Kakasaki?

LOL, gotcha, I knew you would take the bait.

So why don't you sell it and buy a Kakasaki?
Loyal Suzuki fan I guess....

When I was shopping for my final bike, I could have went in any direction, I did look at H2s, ZX14s, S1KRRs but my true love for Suzukis kept me going back to them specifically the Hayabusa even though I knew and still know what it is-a very good, competent bike just like I expect from Suzuki...

Being a Suzuki fan-boy, I guess I kind of wanted them to really take the next generation Hayabusa to the moon.

Loyal Suzuki fan I guess....

When I was shopping for my final bike, I could have went in any direction, I did look at H2s, ZX14s, S1KRRs but my true love for Suzukis kept me going back to them specifically the Hayabusa even though I knew and still know what it is-a very good, competent bike just like I expect from Suzuki...

Being a Suzuki fan-boy, I guess I kind of wanted them to really take the next generation Hayabusa to the moon.
By the way, best bike is an opinion, here on this forum we all believe it is the Hayabusa.

Market Cap includes mopeds, and other stuff of which there are gazillions more than motorcycles.

By the way, best bike is an opinion, here on this forum we all believe it is the Hayabusa.
Of course otherwise it would be called "Motorcycle.org"

My first bike in the '70s was a Suzuki and my last bike will be a Suzuki....the Hayabusa I currently ride is my last ever bike. Once I am done riding it, I will hang up my helmet.

Suzuki really could have done something really special...

But it seems like Suzuki has fallen off the leading edge and has been for a long time.

The GSXR is doing good though...but all the other companies have enhanced versions of the liter bikes (SP, RRR, M package, etc...)

So does Suzuki
You can buy a bare bones gsxr1000, standard inverted fork, no abs, no qs.
Next, then add abs, and qs.
Then step up to the gsxr1000R, which is what I ride, with abs, qs, tc, Lc, led headlights, and remote resivoir forks.
And after it's flash, tune, pipe and stacks...other late model liter bikes can't hang.
My friend likes to drag race and roll race.
Yes, it's all in the rider, but he is eating the other bikes up.
Don't think the Suzuki can't hang...it'll beat you up and take your lunch money
lmao

So does Suzuki
You can buy a bare bones gsxr1000, standard inverted fork, no abs, no qs.
Next, then add abs, and qs.
Then step up to the gsxr1000R, which is what I ride, with abs, qs, tc, Lc, led headlights, and remote resivoir forks.
And after it's flash, tune, pipe and stacks...other late model liter bikes can't hang.
My friend likes to drag race and roll race.
Yes, it's all in the rider, but he is eating the other bikes up.
Don't think the Suzuki can't hang...it'll beat you up and take your lunch money
lmao
Crazily enough, I never noticed the "R" and identified this as anything other than a GSXR1K

Interesting, now I can go back to bed as I've learned something today.

They already had the cbr1000rr so they needed another r to justify the Benjamin's.

You got that right
The 2014 to 2015 price jump and from there on has been huge.
For a couple decades $10k got you otd on a new 1k or bigger...now just figure double that...or even more.
Yes I love the quickshifter.
No, I don't need any expensive electrical nannies.
A mode.
TC off
Hammer down.

You got that right
The 2014 to 2015 price jump and from there on has been huge.
For a couple decades $10k got you otd on a new 1k or bigger...now just figure double that...or even more.
Yes I love the quickshifter.
No, I don't need any expensive electrical nannies.
A mode.
TC off
Hammer down.
Thats for sure.In the real world we're probably better off without elec suspension and tc and the like.Its just more that can and will cause issues.

Thats for sure.In the real world we're probably better off without elec suspension and tc and the like.Its just more that can and will cause issues.

I agree,
but I do want to try out a coworkers Panigale V4 though, and I'm not really a Ducati fan either.
He has and had other bikes, and we've been riding before.
Now he says he wants me to ride it and see what I think(word, lol)
It has fully automatic electronic suspension adjustment in real time.
If you're in factory weight range(I am), then the sag is supposedly always perfect.
I am excited to see what it's like.
He bought in '18, and since this old picture, has added a full cf Akropovic and tune and cf wheels.
It has a factory quick shifter too.
Pos sounds like 2 v-twin Ducatis coming...imagine that, lol.

20180406_134803.jpg

20180406_134458.jpg

I agree,
but I do want to try out a coworkers Panigale V4 though, and I'm not really a Ducati fan either.
He has and had other bikes, and we've been riding before.
Now he says he wants me to ride it and see what I think(word, lol)
It has fully automatic electronic suspension adjustment in real time.
If you're in factory weight range(I am), then the sag is supposedly always perfect.
I am excited to see what it's like.
He bought in '18, and since this old picture, has added a full cf Akropovic and tune and cf wheels.
It has a factory quick shifter too.
Pos sounds like 2 v-twin Ducatis coming...imagine that, lol.

View attachment 1641919

View attachment 1641920
I came real close to buying a beautiful red 916 once back in the '90s....it was a used one with only a few kms on it, something stopped me from buying it...I think that something was the wife reminding me I already had a garage full of bikes...

I came real close to buying a beautiful red 916 once back in the '90s....it was a used one with only a few kms on it, something stopped me from buying it...I think that something was the wife reminding me I already had a garage full of bikes...

You probably dodged several bullets, from her and Ducati, lol.
He hasn't had any issues with this one, but they cost so much, depreciate so fast, and parts are so high...I'll pass.
Sure, I'll ride it, but to me, nothing screams like a Japanese inline 4...especially a Suzuki.
What did you call yourself earlier, a Suzuki fan boy? lol

You probably dodged several bullets, from her and Ducati, lol.
He hasn't had any issues with this one, but they cost so much, depreciate so fast, and parts are so high...I'll pass.
Sure, I'll ride it, but to me, nothing screams like a Japanese inline 4...especially a Suzuki.
What did you call yourself earlier, a Suzuki fan boy? lol
Yep, I am one of those, I seem to have always had Suzukis with a scattering of other brands in there but never without a Suzuki...

Never had anything other than a Japanese bike though.

I almost brought a Moto Guzzi 850 LeMans back from overseas but the "flash to bang" was too short to get it ready for import into Canada (I had to the change carbs and exhaust to meet Canadian standards).

I also came real close to getting an Aprilia RSV Mille but a mechanic buddy of mine steered me clear of that one as he said they spend more time in the shop than on the road...

Back