Kawasaki H2 OEM Supercharged

One of the articles stated that the motogp bikes were around 270hp. So would it be that far of a stretch to include a sc? Then again motors wouldnt be as tweeked I guess. Who knows....

The Kawasaki H2R advertising blitz seems powerful
and unavoidable. With the "racing" version being
touted as 300 HP, the attraction is almost irresistible.

Still Harley Davidson built and sold the "DESTROYER,"
no legal problems, reliable, prices still high on the
aftermarket, years after introduction.

Two (2) thoughts that occurred to me about the H2R :

1A) I built and raced a turbo 1998 ZX900 about 15 years ago.

1B) At final build, we had 285 RWHP (Probably a little
more than the H2R makes "at the brochure."

1C) With stock ride height and wheelbase, I couldn't hold
the front wheel down and ANY speed,
if the bike was on serious boost.

2) A) I have two (2) Hayabusas in the garage, both turbo.

B) One makes 700 RWHP on alcohol and 44# boost -
and coasted through the mile at Texas
with a 259.9 MPH time slip.

National record at the time.

C) The other 1999 Hayabusa dyno'd 636 RWHP on gas,
showing 269 MPH TWICE at Loring in 2010.

STILL the world's fastest street bike......

What's the stinking big deal with the H2R ?.
That bike is gonna spend so much time
on the traction control,
it's just gonna disappoint.....

Yes, it will impress at the drag strip,
but it's "only" 300 HP..........

Cheers, Scott

The difference between a turbo busa or similar bike and the H2 is the H2 rolls off the showroom floor with those numbers ready 2 ride and still covered under the factory warranty.....

With a turbo busa you gotta buy the busa, buy the turbo kit, install said turbo kit, beef up stock engine internals, wire in electronics such as boost gauge etc, test/tune with turbo kit all the while those modifications would void any warranty whatsoever. Then the issue of insuring it after the fact etc. Etc.

This isn't an issue for most but 4 sum who aren't knowledgeable or mechanically inclined they might not want 2 go through all that. They'd rather write the check and just haul azz on a 200HP+ bike.....:race:

That's really the only advantage I see with the H2...... convenience :whistle:

Don't speak too soon. I would not be surprised if the H2R comes with a dirt bike warranty (that means no warranty for those who never had a dirt bike). Roll it off the trailer from the dealer, start it up and the head blows off it's your baby!

tru.... but to be honest with you even 300 hp wud bore you after a while so the street version of 225 or watevr it is surely will. hard for most to imagine but trus me its true so some buying this wud yearn for more power eventually and want to modify it therefore voiding the warranty possibly if it breaks as a result of ones modifications. so no different then adding a turbo kit to make more power.

no one ever thought they wud ever need a bike that makes more then 200 hp but thats like a daily driver these days literally!

The difference between a turbo busa or similar bike and the H2 is the H2 rolls off the showroom floor with those numbers ready 2 ride and still covered under the factory warranty.....

With a turbo busa you gotta buy the busa, buy the turbo kit, install said turbo kit, beef up stock engine internals, wire in electronics such as boost gauge etc, test/tune with turbo kit all the while those modifications would void any warranty whatsoever. Then the issue of insuring it after the fact etc. Etc.

This isn't an issue for most but 4 sum who aren't knowledgeable or mechanically inclined they might not want 2 go through all that. They'd rather write the check and just haul azz on a 200HP+ bike.....:race:

I had the same question. Maybe they want to be in a league of their own? Maybe create a new class?
well, u cud b right. forced induction will probably be standard equipment on bikes over the next decade just as it is on jet skis and sleds so eventually they will have to make a GP class for them to compete in.

I'm looking forward to read the first tests on this machine. I'm sure the engineering wizards have taken all of your concerns into account and made this bike work well on the track. They wouldn't waste all of the development costs and gear up manufacturing if they built a bike that did not have useable power. This bike is surely fly-by-wire controlled and heavily governed under throttle to give the maximum amount of thrust without breaking traction or lofting the front end....unless you want it to of course. The net result of all that power is it gives you more to work with. Naysayers aside, it's still unlike anything available at the moment and a pretty incredible piece of engineering. It doesn't hurt that it looks pretty badass too. Wish I could be one of those guys with more money than sense and own one, if not to ride but to display in my man cave.

I will say it is having exactly the effect Kawasaki wanted it to have. Grab everyone by the short hairs and make them take notice!

Don't speak too soon. I would not be surprised if the H2R comes with a dirt bike warranty (that means no warranty for those who never had a dirt bike). Roll it off the trailer from the dealer, start it up and the head blows off it's your baby!

+1

BINGO! No chance that Race version will have any kind of warranty when it doesn't have a VIN or DOT certification!

I wasn't aware there was no VIN. are u sure bout that?

It was in one of the articles posted with the press release but maybe they are incorrect like most early press releases. I know for a fact that it's not DOT approved so it will probably have a number plate and build certificate, surely a VIN but the article said otherwise.

I think this is a pretty good observation.

If the bike has a "transmission" for the supercharger,
than there might be a good bottom end.

Otherwise, it will be like a KZ650 until boost
comes on, and then like an insane 2-stroke
up to redline.

Currently, MotoGP bikes are probably making between
240 and 270 HP, or about the same as the "race version"
of the reported new H2R.

A substantial amount of each MotoGP's team budget
goes toward the electronics on the bike, and a lot
of that being "traction" control.

If the new H2R actually makes 300 HP, than use for
something other than drag racing is going to be
a complicated matter for the electronics.

Might get one anyway.......

+1

BINGO! No chance that Race version will have any kind of warranty when it doesn't have a VIN or DOT certification!

Be interesting to see Kawasaki sell a motorcycle
(or any other vehicle for that matter) without a VIN.

Anybody got an actual quote from Kawasaki on that ?

Can't take the bike across international borders
without an ID number.

Can't import it without it without an ID number.

Can't maintain internal records without an ID number.

Dealers can't record repair data or report sales without an ID number.

ALL my other Kawasaki factory racers - back to my 1971 H1R
have ID numbers - which is the same as a VIN.

I've never been a big fan of Cow but I can honestly say that this is probably the best looking bike I've seen them put out. The black & carbon accented by the green trellis frame goes nice 2gether. Even though they pretty much ripped off the ktm rc8 look with the colored frame :laugh:

Kawasaki is claiming "only" 200 horsepower for the H2, versus the claimed 300 horsepower of the track-only H2R, which is likely a nod toward keeping boost levels in check to ensure avoiding engine-life-threatening detonation in the stop-and-go and lower octane pump fuel environment of the street, as well as attempting to keep the H2 from being too visible on the radar of platform-pounding politicians and governments.

200 hp for the H2, blah.

Lol. If ya really wanted to brag lets say 8k for a gen II, 10 k for the turbo kit, 10k for a motor build, and 2-4k for unseen expenses for 661hp. And you get this, which is way more beautiful than their supercharger. Total 30-32k. And btw I don't even know what you need motor wise for 661, I just figure 10k will cover, may be less.

image-2042463934.jpg

Back