While you were drooling over the H2.....

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
Yamaha slipped this beauty in! This bike is everything the 1199 & H2 aren't. Real electronics that have useful applications, a world champion pedigree and some weapons never unleashed to road guys. Looks like the manufacturers have figured out they can pass the technology to us in special editions not sole for the road. At $22,000 this bike looks like a steal.......

2015 Yamaha YZF-R1M Special Edition | MCNews.com.au

"a user-friendly interface with a comprehensive data logging function that allows riders to record a wide range of running data, including lap times, speed, throttle position, GPS tracking, lean angle and more. Data can be viewed, compared and shared on a tablet using a wireless connection with the R1′s CCU, enabling riders to analyze the previous race or track session and make any necessary adjustments."

Sweet!!!

For some reason the new bike looks cheap to me. I don't know exactly why, maybe its the color scheme.

Last night, while laying in bed, I was watching MotoGP qualifying previously saved on my laptop. I like watching qualifying because it is easy to focus on just one rider at a time, and observe riding in its pure form - not distorted by the desire to pass the next guy. I started dosing off, and eventually fell asleep. I woke up in the morning and couldn't shake off the bad dream I just had...

...Suzuki Japan made a leap jump into 2015 MotoGP racing by introducing their newly developed Suzuki Universal Continuous Killer Electronic Rider System (SUCKERS). This new system was developed with the help of their MotoGP riders, and can be easily adopted for mass produced motorcycles. Equipped with 6-axis accelerometer sensors, and GPS, the system can easily figure out the exact position of a motorcycle on a given racetrack. Thanks to the inputs from many other sensors, the SUCKERS ECU knows the lean angle, tire slip, and other vital data. But the most amazing part of SUCKERS are the newly introduced step motors controlling motorcycle's steering, throttle, and brakes. Developed with the help of top MotoGP riders signed up by Suzuki - Aleix Espargaro and Maverick Viñales - SUCKERS can now control all aspects of riding a motorcycle - including acceleration, braking, and turning. The system has three distincs modes.

MAN SUCKERS is the manual mode where a rider has full control.

HALF MAN SUCKERS is Help Assisted Low Force (HALF) manual mode where a rider has partial control of throttle, steering, and brakes. The system allows a rider to control a motorcycle, but quickly overrides incorrect inputs. This mode is useful when a rider wants to learn how to ride a motorcycle at its top performance range.

ALL SUCKERS is Automated Live Lockout (ALL) mode where a rider does not provide any inputs to a motorcycle. In this mode, SUCKERS ECU fully controls all motorcycle inputs, and provides maximum performance.

As part of the development, SUZUKI selected a number of average street riders who never rode on a racetrack, but wanted to become a part of SUCKERS test team. "The results of such experiment were simply amazing", says current test team manager Davide Brivio. "As street riders go out on the track for the first time, we set their motorcycles to MAN SUCKERS mode. In this mode, street riders realize how slow they are. Trying to ride faster causes a few excursions off the track, and a few crashes. Then, we switched motorcycles to HALF MAN SUCKERS mode. The improvements were simply amazing - riders dropped 40 sec. or more off their lap times and without a single crash, although some of them needed more frequent bathroom breaks" - David Brivio explains. His most exciting impressions: "For a few selected street riders, we set their motorcycles to ALL SUCKERS mode, and to their amazement, their lap times were about the same as for top MotoGP racers. Unfortunately, they learned about their achievements at a later time because of unpredictable distractions. During those fast laps they were continuously screaming something inaudible; once back in the pits, their hands and knees were shaking; and their race suites were all wet around the crotch area - perhaps because of excessive perspiration".

Later in the day, Suzuki invited journalists, street test riders, and of course MotoGP test riders Aleix Espargaro and Maverick Viñales to attend an official ceremony devoted to SUCKERS. SUZUKI representative thanked everyone for their participation. His most notable comments were focused on MotoGP riders: "We want to thank Aleix Espargaro and Maverick Viñales for their enormous contribution to this project. We've grown to work with these top riders side by side, an that is why it will be especially difficult for us to continue our journey without them. We found lighter riders who will reduce the combined motorcycle-rider weight by another 20 lb, while still achieving the same or better lap times. The $2.5 million saved on salaries to Aleix Espargaro and Maverick Viñales will be used to hire 10 software developers needed to fine tune SUCKERS for even faster lap times. Suzuki feels this would be a more effective use of funds". A sudden silence became awkward after a few seconds. It was interrupted by an angry voice of Aleix Espargaro, clearly cursing, and then storming out of the room. Maverick Viñales silently left the room while shaking his head in disbelief. "Party on!", said Suzuki representative. "We live in a great time!"

Does "suckers" apply to the guys riding the electronic bikes or the people who insist on not progressing and living in the past? "A Chinese can perfer the chop stick and elect not to use the fork, but it is a sign of ignorance to proclaim the fork inferrior." :laugh:

LOL. Subject to individual interpretation... Mine is: we all are at risk of falling to the power of SUCKERS.

Speaking of chopsticks (and if someone asks me how did we diverge from bikes to chopsticks, I will point them to you, LOL), I am not a Chinese, and I refuse to eat Chinese with a fork - chopsticks only, and this has been the case for me for many years since I learned how to use chopsticks. In short, it just doesn't taste/feel the same if I eat with a fork. I think it is in part psychological (authentic experience), but in part objective - you can't consume the plate in front of you too quickly. Chopsticks make you eating food slower, and this noticeably improves overall experience - hence, it subjectively tastes better.

I have additional arguments regarding the use of chopsticks when eating sushi, but this clearly goes outside our topic.

Did you miss the unveiling of the Ducati 1299? 207 hp. Quite a few upgrades. Both look like great machines.

Actually, I love your "between the lines" meanings, IG....fun to read and very cogent in many ways. Part of my enjoyment is represented by the 4 year Superbyke project, kind of a living statement about "just because it isn't a 2015 model with 11 on board computers, it isn't inferior". And some would argue that the less software that exists between the operator, machine and road surface....the more meaningful the riding experience! Yes, technology can reduce risk, but it doesn't always increase the quality of the experience. Doyle

Looks like it's using the same underpowered R1 engine.
Redline it to get it to do anything :laugh:

All this talk about NEW Liter bikes, I'm still waiting on a GEN 3 Busa

All this talk about NEW Liter bikes, I'm still waiting on a GEN 3 Busa

And you'll be waiting 4 quite a while.....:whistle:

Expect "Bold new graphics & color schemes 4 years 2 come. The Busa isn't a priority..... it's not like it's their #1 selling streetbike so it's pretty low on the totem pole when it comes 2 priority updates and revisions.

Actually, I love your "between the lines" meanings, IG....fun to read and very cogent in many ways. Part of my enjoyment is represented by the 4 year Superbyke project, kind of a living statement about "just because it isn't a 2015 model with 11 on board computers, it isn't inferior". And some would argue that the less software that exists between the operator, machine and road surface....the more meaningful the riding experience! Yes, technology can reduce risk, but it doesn't always increase the quality of the experience. Doyle

Raydog, thank you! That was the intent... While I am obviously pouring gallons of satire in that dream of mine, the sad reality of it is that all that is described is technically possible - today. And the only reason it hasn't happened is because the rules do not allow it - yet. I think it is inevitable that it will come to something like that, or pretty close to be absurd. Speaking about absurd things... To me, eliminating starters was the craziest thing to do. It's so pathetic to watch riders trying to restart their bikes after a minor get off.

I am with you on quality and experience of riding, and that's exactly why I didn't go with the latest machinery in early 2013 (had to get another bike after Sandy flooded my '01), but got clean '06 Busa and got her to where I wanted her to be (i.e. turbo with 242 hp). Simply an amazing experience, street or track. Powerhouse MC rules! If I didn't know it was a turbo bike I would've never guessed - just a more powerful bike. That's how smoothly the power comes up.

I like the lastest and greatest liter bikes but just dont like there physical size they are all to small for my likeing I love the size of the busa and its road presence it has :thumbsup:

For some reason the new bike looks cheap to me. I don't know exactly why, maybe its the color scheme.

Maybe it's the flat-fish face?

nurse-shark.jpg

:laugh:

Looks like it's using the same underpowered R1 engine.
Redline it to get it to do anything :laugh:

I read this R1 is claiming 200HP...... If that's true the performance/price tag is equivalent 2 that of the almighty HP4. I bet the R1 forums are going bananas right now!! :laugh:

The cross plane crank's claim to fame is that it can rev smoother/faster I've heard. Yamaha could never access the power of that because the cross plane crank was so hard to manufacture corectly. If they fixed that and have a reliable street bike that can rev to 19K then that's gonna be smokin. So if they can mate good power with that exhaust note that is sexy my friends.

Back