Attention track junkies!!!!

vman1300

Never Forgotten
I know there a few folks here that do trackdays and some that do NOT have a dedicated track bike. Have you always wanted to ride a current track weapon at premier tracks across the US?

Well now is your chance......I know it is sponsored by Yamaha but look at the bigger picture. The factories are noticing our sport and offering perks for track day riders....

"From a press release issued by Yamaha Motor corp., U.S.A.:

Cypress CA. - April 14, 2008 Yamaha Motor Corporation and the Northeast Sportbike Association (NESBA) are pleased to announce an innovative new Sportbike Demo program that is designed to give prospective customers a chance to test ride a full selection of 2008 Yamaha Sportbikes including the Daytona Supersport Class winning YZF-R6 and YZF-R6S, YZF-R1, FZ1 and FZ6 at select NESBA track day events.

"We are excited to offer any motorcycle licensed rider who is considering a new Yamaha sport bike, the unique opportunity to feel these amazing machines on the track, before making a purchase decision. We are especially grateful to NESBA for making this demo program a reality"￾, said David Docktor, Yamaha Marketing Manager.

Bob Blandford, the President of NESBA added, "Yamaha and NESBA worked very hard in the off-season to develop more programs and benefits to help riders get on the track in 2008. The free NESBA track day and membership with the purchase of select Yamaha motorcycles offer will help people make the decision to get on the track that much easier. One of the flagship programs is the new Demo Program which will give current and potential customers the most unique opportunity to try a Yamaha on the track. No other major manufacturer is offering this type of service. This program shows that Yamaha is dedicated to the consumer and wants them to be able to experience a true performance machine in a true performance environment. "￾

To make a demo ride reservation, customers simply call 1-877-AT-NESBA or arrange through a participating Yamaha dealership 2 weeks prior to their desired demo date. For 2008, the demo rides will be held at the following race tracks:

Barber Motorsports Park 4/26-27, 6/28-29, 8/16-17, 11/8-9

Virginia International Raceway 7/5-7, 8/23-25

Summit Point Raceway 9/13-14

Road Atlanta 5/24-25, 7/25-27

Roebling Road 5/31-6/1

New Jersey MP 9/15, 11/1-2

Complete 2008 program details, including the new demo program, are available at participating Yamaha dealers, at www.Yamaha-motor.com/trackdays , and at www.NESBA.com.

For information on the complete line of 2008 Sportbikes please visit www.Yamaha-motor.com."

Awesome!!
beerchug.gif

But why would I want to ride a Yamaho
rock.gif

Well it looks like I will be trying out a 08 R6 next month at Road Atlanta
thumb_up.gif
you bastage!! hahahahaha have fun
Gonna call today and reserve a R6 for Road Atlanta next month and a new R1 for the July Road Atlanta date.

I checked the Yamaha site and I will get 15min of seat time during lunch on track, basically a full session. Maybe I can talk them into 2 sessions, lol...

I know most of the big four will offer demo rides but folks THIS is on a race track.

Sounds cool, wish they would do that closer to home.  I would ride one for a demo, it would be a blast.

This is a great opportunity if you have ever considered a track bike. People that have been will PREACH the advantages of spending one day at the track. I was a doubter for years......

Back