While you were drooling over the H2.....

Getting in my time machine, and bringing back this 2 month old thread after some research into lucky numbers...

Don't believe 7 is a lucky one? I did not-so-scientific experiment: emailed my post #7 to Motorcyslist and Sportrider magazines. Editors at Motorcyslist seemed to like it. So much so that they declared it a letter of the month (in January issue), and offered a cool reward - Sidi riding rain boots from Motonation. Being not too shy and seizing the moment, I politely asked if I could please have racing boots of similar value instead. They said, no problem, and I am now a proud owner of Sidi Vertigo racing boots. The timing couldn't have been better. My 12 year old Alpinestars are literally falling apart. I glued and sewed them more times than I remember - no extra funds for new boots. But despite my wife "authorizing" me to get new boots, I was holding off, not understanding why - just didn't feel right. Now I know.

I am thinking to myself - it would be nice to install steel braided lines, and I will need new brake pads soon... Maybe I should write to magazines more often...

I just want to know were the new g3 busa is? is zuk operated by zombies or are they taking a lesson from harley and just rehashing the same old product. ?

you uh.. really thought about this a lot...lol :rofl:

Sorry, couldn't pass up on the chance to make a joke... Seriously, I think they are looking at their sales numbers, and thinking... pretty good... no need to change anything...

I know someone (very experienced and quick) in the UK who ridden the new R1.
He says it really is as good as the hype.

However.... as a UK racer he has issues with it,
It can't be raced in their "super stock" class due to its magnesium wheels,
It can't be raced in BSB due to its high- tech rider aid electronics,
other race classes and country's are also checking their rule books.

What seems a great road / race bike may cause a bit of head scratching as some race series
are trying to limit rider aids and expensive high end gadgets to keep racing close and affordable.

Back