Just Nailed The Coolest Job I Ever Had!!!

Great to hear Jinks.
Good things for good people.
BTW thanks for the suspension tips.  
beerchug.gif

So whats your title then..
tounge.gif
 Congrats on the job!
The same as every one elses..."Machinist"...as it's expected that anyone under employ can walk up to any manual machine in the joint with the BP & Material in hand and...Get'er Done...however...we are loosly assigned to shifts and areas...I'm assigned to "Large CNC Turning" which involves MDI programming....set-up and running of VTL's (verticla turret lathes) for large round stock turning operations...my two machines can turn up to a 78" diameter...the biotch is...the material I get can run anywhere's from 5lbs too 5,000lbs and most of the jobs I saw this past first week were either copper berylium or 17-4ph SS that weighed anywhere's from 500-4,000lbs...the downside is that loading, centering and clean-up is a biotch....but the upside is...once the machine is programmed, set-up and running?...some parts can take 2-3 days to rough cut one single diameter...lots of @$$ time just babysitting them...get up every now and then to change out a dull cutter insert or pitchfork a bail of chips outta there but..that's it....btw....this past thursday and friday afternoon I couldn't believe my freaking eyes...we work 7:00am-5:00pm and get paid for every minute,,,but about 3:30pm?...I see dudes strolling through the shop with longneck buds...the end of the day during paperwork and clean-up time...turns out the boss man provides a cooler full of ice and beer at the end of each thursday and friday...to thank his men for a good week and a job well done....awesome.
smile.gif
dayum.. longnecks?!?! Thats AWESOME, only problem is, that after i few longnecks, i would wanna go BACK in the machine room and "play" around a little.. haha

Again, congrats on the job, sounds killer.

nice work!
cool.gif

now next april you better be back up at the dragon with us
laugh.gif

ooops old thread. But I wasn't on these boards 2 years ago so belated congrats
laugh.gif

One year later... hows the job? and congrates again on finding this one.

Ok so who dug up a year old tread?
laugh.gif
Anyway so how is the job going?
beerchug.gif

Back