just got insurance quote for 2004 Busa

JUST GOT MY INSURANCE BILL FOR THE LAYUP PERIOD... $8.00 PER MONTH TILL I TAKE IT OFF LAYOFF FOR THE WINTER.... GOTTA LIKE THAT...
biggrin.gif

I am 35, single, no tickets or accidents (at fault ones anyway).  I live in St. Paul, MN and was quoted $24.95/month for full coverage $500 deductible on comp and collision with liability limits raised to 100-300-100 up from my state's required minimum of 10-30-15 for a new 2004 Busa.  I think it is the godawful state that I live in that helps with the low rates due to a shorter riding season.

It really helps to shop around though.  I have always been with State Farm.  Contrary to what I have been reading here, Progressive is popular in MN due to low rates and so is a company called Dairy Land.  As for State Farm, my agent told me that they don't take the "style" of bike into consideration when they quote, only the engine displacement.  I have had other insurance comapnies tell me that they "won't even consider insuring one of those crotch rocket things" and/or quote some ridiculous rate of $2500.00 per year.

I have owned a 1987 Honda Nighthawk 700S (first bike), a '92 Kawasaki ZX-6, '94 ZX-7, '95 ZX-9, '98 ZX-11, 2000 Yamaha Vmax, and currenly own a 2002 Harley Davidson Fat Boy FTLSF.  Other than the Honda, all the bikes I have owned were new purchases (I have never owned more than one at a time though).  I have always had the above full coverage limits on them and have never paid over $315.00 per year for insurance, even for the HD which is a really high theft risk around here.  Sorry for the long post, but I just wanted to provide some background info and give a thumbs up to State Farm.

I paid off the Harley and plan on keeping it, but I really miss having a sport bike.  I am not too interested in the current Kawis so I am just about to bite the bullet on a Silver/Blue '04 Busa (getting too old to find a GSXR 1000 to be comfortable enough to ride for more than ten minutes).  I check every year, but nobody can beat my State Farm Rates.  I would open the phone book and call every company I could find and compare them.  It can be shocking to see how much difference there can be.

Back