Just found out my Mom has cancer

Big Wall

Registered
Well, like the title says, I just found out that my Mom has cancer. They found it in her liver and thnk that it is probably spread thru her whole body. It's not looking good right now. They are going to do more tests to see what they can do.

If everyone can send some good thoughts her way I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Joe

i am so sorry about the bad news, keep the positive attitude and prayers sent!
my cousin going through cancer for last 3 years and he is fighting it. keep your chin up and give her alot of support, she needs you now more than any other time!

Last edited:
sorry tohear. I know how it sux to find out that a parent is not doing well. I found out today about my Step Dad. It hurts and sux beyond belief. Prayers sent man.

Tell your mom that a positive mental attitude will do wonders.

Tell her to keep thinking past the treatment to the things she will do when this episode is over and to not ever, EVER, give in.

Never give up!!!

My best to you.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, lots of members have experience with this sort of thing. But urge her to get a 2nd opinion. Even if the diagnosis is the same, make sure she's getting the best care.

C A N C E R.....I as well as others here HATE that word. Some have even spoken before me with 1st hand knowledge of this terriable beast. In my last 18months since my DX....keep in mind I was only given a short time to live, I have seen the many aspects of treatment.

Right now you mom is a Survivor, her survivorship date is the date she was DX's. There are goning to be many changes required of you as well. You are now a part of the care giver group and support team.

I honestly believe the fight against cancer is 90% mental. Keep saying over and over, "I am gonna beat this crap". I will hold the tumors in my liver and imagine then dying....

Rememeber we are here to help in your fight!

BELIEVE!

Prayers sent man! I know this must be hard on you and your family! If you need anything or to talk please let me know.

your mom and you are in my prayers. keep your head up, you will now become the strength you mom needs to see. keep postives words going with her continually. vman is right its a giant mental battle.

Back