Update on my Mom.

Big Wall

Registered
The doctor called the other day. He said that he had looked at the blood work that was done. For whatever indicators they look at for cancer, he said he had never seen levels as high as my Mom has in his career. There is nothing they can do to help her now. Gratefully, she seems to be going fast. Help me in hoping she goes quickly and painlessly.

sorry to hear this news. I hope your wishes are granted. Be sure to tell her everday how much you love her. Enjoy every moment you have.

Very sorry to hear this Big W.
Just found out that a very very close friend of my family has been diagnosed with throat cancer. Very hard to handle when it happens to the ones you care about.

She will be in my prayers Big

It's sad tho hear this. We send our thoughts and prayers to you, your Mom and family......

I'm so sorry to hear this.

It seems that the reward for living a healthy life and not dying of heart disease or stroke is cancer.
At least that's what occurred to me when my father was diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer back in 2001.
At the time his prognosis was tens years, then - ? metastisis into his bones?
I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Others are, thankfully, more fortunate.

But I am also happy for you.
Your grief shows that you have had the blessings in your life that a loving mother can provide.
You are a lucky man.
There are people who never get to know what you have had.

I wish you and your family a peaceful transition into whatever fate brings into, or takes out of, your lives.
Remember, whatever blessings you have received are yours to pass on.
I am sure you have already been living your life this way in grace.

Last edited by a moderator:
i am very sad about the outcome. i am pretty sure she had a good life. make the best of what has left and be there for her. be strong yourself.
my prayers to you and your family.
god bless all of you.

Sad to hear.
Both my mom and dad, and my wifes mom dad and brother died from Cancer.
My heart goes out to you.
Prayers sent.

I have watched two of my family members die of cancer. I wish for your mother a quick and painless death...it is terrible to watch them suffer..even the strongest of men become mush...:-(

Very sorry to hear my friend. My fater/two uncles dies from cancer and my brother has it. I will say a prayer and wish you all the very best. God bless your family!

Sorry to hear this

Tell her every day you love her. Keep the faith, God jas plans for her, and you, just believe.

God I hate cancer. It takes so many forms and it seems like we aren't making any progress in fighting it as well as we should.

I too have cancer but mine is Carcinoid Syndrome.... don't worry, no one else has heard of it either. We are trying to keep my liver as free as we can to get me some more years. Add me to your prayers as well.

For you and your family, stay strong and positive. God will help.

Bless you

Mark

I lost my mom almost 6 years ago. Take as many pictures with her as you can, and ask her for recipes or something that you don;t know that you want so you will have that with your forever to think of her. I lost my mom suddenly and never had that chance to say good bye. My best friend told me the best thing when my mom passed away and that was, " A mother will not leave her child, unless she knows that they are ok." Sounds as if she has raised a good son that loves her. With time it will get easier.

Back