Just did the break-in maintenence...

danath 34

Registered
Well, me and a guy I know just completed the 600 mile break-in maintenence. It all went well, for the most part. We could not load up the cowling removal guide, so we kinda worked our way through it on our own. It took quite a while, but we got through just fine with alot of patience and taking it slow. However, for some reason, we couldnt disconnect the lower right fairing from the upper fairing that wraps around to the front with the headlight and such. We got it all disconnected, though and were able to get to the filter without complete removal. After changing the oil, lubing the chain, etc, I went for a ride. I took it up to 8k, and WOW. Thats all I can say is WOW. It is a different bike. The exhaust is quiet from 4-6k, but as soon as you hit 7k, it SCREAMS! And it pulls like crazy, too! I love it!

Mine was the same way, I swear it ran so much better afterwards...

Can't wait to hit 4,000 and swith to some Amsoil...:laugh:

yeah it wasnt too bad since we took our time. There was one moment when we had it all put back together and had two plastic clips left over and we stood there confused for a few seconds like ???. We took it all apart again and couldnt find it. After searching a while, we finally realized, they were the two that go under the speedo, beneath the dash pannel. All that work for nothing lol. Anyone know how to disconnect the lower fairing from the upper?

I change mine and did not take the plastics off. I just put a board between the plastics and got the filter out. It saved a lot of time. Try it next time.. Good luck

yeah it wasnt too bad since we took our time. There was one moment when we had it all put back together and had two plastic clips left over and we stood there confused for a few seconds like ???. We took it all apart again and couldnt find it. After searching a while, we finally realized, they were the two that go under the speedo, beneath the dash pannel. All that work for nothing lol. Anyone know how to disconnect the lower fairing from the upper?

Yup... Did you have the push pins out that connect the radiator cover? Pull it hard and it will come out... You won't hurt it trusrt me...

yeah I had those out. So I just gotta put some force into it? Kinda nervous about that seing as how the plastics are VERY expensive. Which way do you pull? Towards you, or do they slide apart forward or backward?
Thank you, BTW

I change mine and did not take the plastics off. I just put a board between the plastics and got the filter out. It saved a lot of time. Try it next time.. Good luck

Could you explain what you mean "board between the plastics".....would like to try it when my time comes.

Back