how many miles to break in corbin?

hemi

Registered
curious about how many miles it took u guys (if u remember, that is) to break in your corbin seat until it was nice and comfy. About 200 miles so far and starting to get a bit better, definitely took some adjustment coming from my new image, but it feels it's starting to form a bit to my backside and slightly soften. The new image seats will probably definitely be sold in the near future, but should probably wait until my corbin is completely broken in just to be sure

Never owned one but have sat on a few used ones and did not like them. I felt the left and right edges where too " sharp"
Just my 2 cents

Rode mine for the first time when I did the IBA SaddleSore 1000 (1000 miles in less than 24 hours). My azz (and legs, arms, neck.....heck my entire body) was too sore to know the difference. Seriously though, I survived the run due in large part to the Corbin.

All my Corbin's have taken a couple thousand miles, and I weigh 175lbs. They will soften up more and more along the way though.

Thanks for the replies, i'm so anxious to get it broken in before this riding season, trying to put as many miles as possible in on random nice days here and there. Can't wait to see how comfortable if is after fully broken in

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yeah i saw your corbin seat mod a few days ago. Haven't really noticed a problem on mine yet, i can feel the edges of the seat on my inner thighs but it's not uncomfortably noticeable though. Haven't read a single post about the gen 2 corbin users having this problem, so hopefully i don't either. No way would i do that to this nice expensive seat myself though, if i had to have something shaved i would either send it to corbin or take it to my local upholstery shop

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I did the Corbin Seat Mod and now my seat fits perfectly. Mine's a Gen I though.[/QUOTE

I rode my C14 over to Corbin, the seat I got is nothing close to what it started out as. Redid the front of the pan, reshaped the entire thing.

Was cool watching them build a custom seat pan for a one of chopper while I waited.

Took mine about 1000 miles before I actually noticed it was more comfortable to ride on. Now I have about 5000 on it and it is worlds better than the stock seat.

ever hear of anybody complaining about the seat digging into their inner thighs? Have done quite a bit of research on corbin on this site and not once heard of this problem, other than VFRcanada and his seat mod. Did the gen 1's have this problem, but not the gen II?

Sounds like this may be a pain in the azz mod. Pun intended! Seems like if these are so uncomfortable and need so much time to "break in"that ill stick with the stock seat. No problems for me with it
anyways.
Posted via Mobile Device

from what many have said, yes it seems like a very long break in period. Hopefully it's all worth it in the end though. Hated the stocker, think it lasted about 1000 miles when i bought the bike brand new

ever hear of anybody complaining about the seat digging into their inner thighs? Have done quite a bit of research on corbin on this site and not once heard of this problem, other than VFRcanada and his seat mod. Did the gen 1's have this problem, but not the gen II?

Gen1 and 2 Corbin seats are different. The mod for the gen1 is because some of them came with piping along the seam between the sides and top pieces of leather. So you would have a ridge sticking out down both side edges of the seat top that would cut into your leg. Even though gen2 doesn't have this, that edge will also soften up in time.

yeah, i definitely requested corbin not to use piping when i had the rear seat done, and made sure the front seat didn't have piping either

Back