just bought Busa witth aftermarket exhausts. Any pros and cons?

Matte_Black

Registered
just bought Busa with aftermarket exhausts. Any pros and cons?

I recently purchased a 2009 busa (used) 5000km on it. the previous owner had installed aftermarket exhausts (yoshimura) and I am wondering was there anything else that he should have done (re jet, add computer)as the bike feels sluggish in all riding modes. I don't really need any added horse power, maybe the sound could help in me being heard by those sharing the road with me, and as for looks....... its a busa. I don't have a problem going back to the stock exhaust but the yoshi's are growing on me but I dont want to do any damage to the bike if the install was not completed or not done right. Your thoughts please :please:

Does it just have slip-ons? If so, you'll be fine as is.

See pix to see what was removed and what was added

IMG00216-20111121-1231.jpg

IMG00215-20111121-1230.jpg

Your bike is fuel injected so there are no jets. It should also not feel sluggish so you may have a problem elsewhere. Slip ons make little difference to the backpressure so retuning is not necessary. Look to see if the header and catalyst are stock. If you have an aftermarket header your bike will benefit from a retune. Also all else being even, you can edit the ECU with ECUeditor from boostbysmith and gain some snappiness in the lower gears by removing the timing retard. I had to relearn my concept of shifitng with this bike when going fast. I used to upshift and use torque in the low and mid RPMs. 1st gear is good to around 80 MPH so if you really want snap, stay in 1st and second for the twisties and she'll wake up real good :laugh: Just be real careful!

:welcome::welcome: to the org. I have the two brothers slip ons on my bike with no issues so far. Everything should be fine.

I have the same exhaust only with polished cans and carbon tips, my bike will pull your arms off. You may have an issue elsewhere. Is there anything else the previous owner did? Welcome to the oRg if I have not already said so.

Thank you for the warm welcome, no nothing else has been done to the bike, i had another busa owner ride it and he thinks it may just need a tuneup. took the battery out for winter storage last evening and silly me i removed the positive terminal first:banghead: hope nothing was damaged (manual says remove negative first)

Thank you for the warm welcome, no nothing else has been done to the bike, i had another busa owner ride it and he thinks it may just need a tuneup. took the battery out for winter storage last evening and silly me i removed the positive terminal first:banghead: hope nothing was damaged (manual says remove negative first)

I would not worry. I did not even know that it said that in the manual :laugh:

Old rule of thumb for vehicles was to remove the negative first, so when you removed the positive there was no risk of an arc.

Are you positive the previous owner did not have it tuned? I am just thinking outloud here, but if it was tuned and they guy tuning it didnt know what he was doing, well you get the idea.

I'm just wondering what you are considering "sluggish".. What bike did you have previously? The Busa FEELS slow and sluggish compared to a GSXR or another lighter high-revving bike.

I'm just wondering what you are considering "sluggish".. What bike did you have previously? The Busa FEELS slow and sluggish compared to a GSXR or another lighter high-revving bike.
Last bike was a VTX 1800 (what can i say i got the sportbike bug again) but i was comparing it to two other busas that i rode namely an 09 and a 2011 and they were both smooth, no break in power, my bike rides like a bike with a carb that needs a cleaning. busa 1166 may be right it may just need to be serviced, now where in mississauga or oakville or even brampton can i find a good busa doctor? those dealers are crooks
i will shoot the dude i bought her from an email but he said it was totally stock......... who knows
now for cosmetic mods what do u folks think i should remove besides the mud guard, the reflectors, the grab bar in the back and the frankinstein bolts?

Back