Exhaust Pros and Cons

MillertheFitter

Registered
Ok I’ve pretty much narrowed it down to the Top 3 choices as far as looks wise just havin a hard time findin user information on 2 out of the 3. Here are my choices.
1)
2)
3)

It seems like everyone with the HMF likes them but it’s all high mount on Gen1’s and there’s no info on what they are made of just that it makes “196hp”, any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fwiw I had an Alto on another bike
It made more power sounded quiet at low rpm screamed a
When the loud handle got twisted and was well made for the price

What is your end goal here? Max hp? Looks and sound? Price point?

1) HP then 2) Sound, but I try to do everything I can myself in the driveway in a day or less, and I like to do a lot of research before I spend a lot of money on anything, and HMF just doesn’t provide hardly any information about their systems and I’ve only seen one person on the .org with a Gen2 with HMF out of about 10K, and I wanna say his post is from 2012, so I guess I’m just tryin to see how HMF holds up ( build quality & satisfaction) compared to the Akra and Yosh exhaust since it’s claimin mor HP than both of them, but real user reviews not YouTube sound demos, they all sound good in their own right, but my shorties sound good to me for what they are. ( nothin but a cheap cleaned up look)

Last edited:
So Yoshimura would be better than the Akropovic? As far as power wise? Or they are pretty close ( or to close to call one superior to the other)

Better is debatable and subjective. Brocks makes the most power but costs more. Any full system will make more than slip ons.

Webike ;) yosh /Akro are all nice. I say though Akro headers hold up better than yosh. Yosh headers seem to get stranger discoloration / almost rust towards the head.
While Akro stay very nice. Most likely grade of stainless steel used.

Okay, Gen 2 that would be possible, even though it is a bit optimistic. A Yosh is not a "power" pipe, it is more of a quiet pipe; the Akro will lighten your wallet considerably and is not much better. Look at Brock for the best performing pipes out there, too bad Ti Force is not still around!
So as far as the HMF exhaust itself how durable is their system?

Back