Commuting Pros and Cons??

I commute into Washington DC about 8 times a month - 64 miles round trip in HOV lane... You live in a fairly large hot city... Do you encounter much stop and go traffic? Last thursday, I sat in a 5 mile back up moving 20 feet at a time - Sucks. It's also hot here in the summer and I was cooked to medium well. Twenty more minutes and I would of probably had heat stroke. Just something to think about!

I commute into Washington DC about 8 times a month - 64 miles round trip in HOV lane... You live in a fairly large hot city... Do you encounter much stop and go traffic? Last thursday, I sat in a 5 mile back up moving 20 feet at a time - Sucks. It's also hot here in the summer and I was cooked to medium well. Twenty more minutes and I would of probably had heat stroke. Just something to think about!

Screw that!! When traffic starts backing up I usually opt to travel the shoulder. There is no sense in sitting around over heating. I've never had any problems with the LEO's, only cagers who wish they were on a bike and try to block me with their trucks. They just don't get it....

Screw that!! When traffic starts backing up I usually opt to travel the shoulder. There is no sense in sitting around over heating. I've never had any problems with the LEO's, only cagers who wish they were on a bike and try to block me with their trucks. They just don't get it....

Agree, but I am not sure the LEO's around here are willing to overlook shoulder rides. Hot or not... Don't need any points on my DL...

If I were riding my air cooled Harley I would have gone for it and claimed over heating!

This am the commute required a wide angle death ray- NJ drivers suck big time along w/the NY JO's that stayed at the beach till monday am to go home.

I like to ride to work, I do 88mls a day so even working a lot of hours i still get my ride on. Mostly ride the vtx to work though, I need the bags to care my lunch.:rofl:

Back