I've caught me a scammer!

scamming-scammers-nigerian-email-fraud-back-fires.jpe

Ask him his DSN and other random questions. If he replies back with the same details without an answer to any of your questions, you have a scammer. I found a 2009 R1 for $2000. She was apparently divorced to a LT and wanted to get him back. All I had to do was send money to her account and she'd ship the bike. Weird. Anyway, its a scam, it pisses me off too about pretending to be military (active or retired).

You could start with where he went to BMT and other job info to see what he says. Then ask him where he works on base and that you will come see the ATV in person at LAFB. That will get the excuses flowing...

You can forward all of his emails and contact info to Ebay, FBI, etc. and they can track his ISP address. If they really want to bust/track him they can or at least give him some hell... :thumbsup:

i say u play it up and see where he goes with it and then maybe he will slip up, way too many people are getting burned by people like this

Isn't it illegal to falsely represent military service in some places? Like felony illegal? Or am I mistaken?

I had a guy wanting to buy some snowmobiles that i emailed back and forth with for awhile, i was playing with him as i was almost positive he was BS. Claimed to be high ranking military overseas but had family out there that could take care of everything, seemed really fishy and after 2 weeks of not hearing from his "family" and the guy not responding anymore i figured he was tired of playing back with me:rofl:

Turns out his son had just had a baby and he called up when he came back from iraq, he was everything he said he was and a great guy! Yours does sound a bit fishy though, but what better ploy to pretend to be military, half the people in the world would go oh ok he's legit and send money. shame on them

Yep scammer.
It is funny when you list on Craigslist you always get the same scam email that's says " I would like to buy this your item...."
wouldn't it be great if to scammers got together and waisted each other's time? I wonder who would win?

Sent from my GSB v3.6 ODEXed using Tapatalk

I have never used ebay or craigslist, but within the last year a coworker/friend was burned for $4000, and earlier another guy for IDK, but quite a bit, Jeep, and Boat.
Yep, both guys who work hard for their money!

Best thing you can do is either stop waisting your time or keep playing with the guy until he gives up

nobody would get scammed or screwed on craigs or anything else if they follow a simple rule. Cash from one hand to the other title in hand in person only. As for internet purchases there are enough reputable companies out there to buy from use em.

i Am with the rest of you guys though it does tick me off when people represent something that they are not.:rulez:

nobody would get scammed or screwed on craigs or anything else if they follow a simple rule. Cash from one hand to the other title in hand in person only. As for internet purchases there are enough reputable companies out there to buy from use em.

i Am with the rest of you guys though it does tick me off when people represent something that they are not.:rulez:

now they are robbing people you show up with the money to buy something and they jack you. Now you have to bring armed backup for just about anything you do.

I really am a MSgt in the active duty U.S. Air Force and every time I see something like this it really pisses me off. They try to play off on the military aspect of it and hope that the general public will trust them. I would put these people away for a long time if I could.

get em top.

yup yup yup, I got the exact same emails about a year ago with a kids dirtbike on craigslist, looks like the same dude. I even asked for photos with a local newspaper on the seat of the bike and can you beleive he is under such strict restriction that he cant even get a news paper, makes you think how many people are dumb enough to fall for crap like that.

Not to much that i could say that hasnt been said already.. That suxs, it pisses me off.. and i hope they get what is comming for smearing our good name. I see alot if issues with this situation that im sure a few orginizations would like to investigate. Keep us posted on how it works out if you do decide to send info to Agencies

Let me know if you would like any help from an active duty MSgt. Shoot me a PM, there may be something I can do for you that others on the board may not.

Back