Its official......

:thumbsup: So what all did you end up doing to make it right?

Redbusarider told me good directions, and it worked great! I bought a double oversized plug, retapped the hole and backed it back out after every two turns to shop vac it out to get all the shavings, then I cleaned the hole and the outside of the pan with ajax liquid soap to remove the oil, then red rtv'd the crap out of the plug and washer. Finally it worked after 3 other failed attempts using other methods lol

Glad your up and running now.
Now if you change your oil again, remember to clean it out good and then use the sealer and then wait 24 or more hours,
before you add the new oil.

That way you won't be down for 45 days only one or two. A good rainy weekend project. :laugh:

Glad your up and running now.
Now if you change your oil again, remember to clean it out good and then use the sealer and then wait 24 or more hours,
before you add the new oil.

That way you won't be down for 45 days only one or two. A good rainy weekend project. :laugh:

Yea man! I owe you a beer or two for sure, couldn't have done it without your assistance.

then I cleaned the hole and the outside of the pan with ajax liquid soap to remove the oil

Good thing you did that, cause god knows, you wouldn't want oil on your oil pan! :poke:

Just busting your chops man - glad you got it fixed. I could not go that long without a bike.

Back