Argghhh!  You believe it!!

Just use a nice clean pan to catch the oil when you check the crush washer.then you can just pour it back in when your done.overtightening can also damage a new washer.

I'm really hoping its only the washer, I'm going to replace the washer tomorrow morning.

Thanks guys, I knew there was a good reason to post this on the board
wink.gif

You guys just seem to know soo much about the Busa
tounge.gif

I would make them pay for the parts, do the work myself, and report them to the Better Business Bureau, that is if they are even associated! Never go back again.

heli coils kinda sug. Good in a pinch,but usually you can't torque the bolt the same as a stock bolt,it just wont take it.Its the endless problem of a steel bolt in cheap alluminum.
Actually, a Helicoil in aluminum is STRONGER than just aluminum threads.  A lot of aftermarket aluminum cylinder heads come with helicoils in them already.
are those true heli coils...or are they a steel thread factory insert?

I'm really hoping its only the washer, I'm going to replace the washer tomorrow morning.

Thanks guys, I knew there was a good reason to post this on the board  
wink.gif

You guys just seem to know soo much about the Busa  
tounge.gif
I was the victim of the reused washer on a 750. I was like WTF. They also forgot to put the cotter pin on the front axel. Needless to say I do not go to that dealer.

Well, I put a brand new washer on and still have a leak  
mad.gif

I noticed some damaged threads near the top of the drain plug when I had it out, so maybe a new drail plug will solve the problem.

N.E. mentioned using a teflon washer and on the threads.  Where do you get the washer and is the teflon tape you use for plumbing the same stuff your talking about?? Would that stuff be ok for motorcycle heat??

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139015338 -->

Charles, could you please let us know what dealer that was so we don't accidentally end up there?

You da man!

--Wag--

Charles, I don't think I would use Teflon tape on the threads. Small pieces may break off and get in the oil passages and starve areas of the engine of oil. The oiling system is crutial to the long term health of your engine, and anything less than the correct fix would be unacceptable to me. Just my .02.

Charles, I don't think I would use Teflon tape on the threads. Small pieces may break off and get in the oil passages and starve areas of the engine of oil. The oiling system is crutial to the long term health of your engine, and anything less than the correct fix would be unacceptable to me. Just my .02.
N.E. PM'd me with the clarification;
"Next you will find teflon sealant in a tube at auto parts store. Use the sealant around the plug."

Yeah, its not the teflon tape used in plumbing
blush.gif

Back