Help ref HIVOL OIL PUMPS???

ICEMANN

Registered
Ok Ive posted bout havin to rebuild my tranny and it's at R&D. I do alot of wheelie ridin but not the super long stuff. While my engine's apart and due to minor problems I am replacing the cams with yosh, as well as the cam chain etc. Due to oil starvation my main bearings were shot but my rod bearings were fine. That was odd but my questions.

It was suggested that I get a hivol oil pump to keep from starvin the bike for oil. I ordered a HIVOL oil pump instead of the "gear" only. I also got the windage tray to help slow the oil from "dumping" to the back of the pan when she's up on one wheel. I also was told to run more oil, up to the "F".

After talking to Lee, of lee's performance, (maker of the windage tray for the oil pan), It was pointed out that the HIVOL oil pump will pump too much oil on a stock motor, which will cause more problems then leaving it stock?

So now Im in a catch 22 due to lack of knowledge. I understand the windage tray just slows the oil down on hard launces or wheelies to keep it from rushing to the back.

Will the HIVOL oil pump, pump too much oil out, essectially sucking the pan dry and creating my own new set of problems? I only wanna tear the beatch down once.

ICE

What you need is a billet oil pan with swivel pickup from Schnitz Racing. They say the pan has slightly higher volume than stock while at the same time has more ground clearance, but the main thing is it come with a swivel pickup that moves with the oil on hard acceleration (or wheelies) so that it never sucks air.

They also have a larger-than-stock diameter gear for the oil pump (makes it spin faster and thereby increasing pressure at any given RPM).

The pan/pickup is not cheap but probably better than having to rebuild a damaged motor.

Go to the site, then products, then Hayabusa stuff, and you will find the stuff you need.

http://www.schnitzracing.com/

Back