It's AndromeDAY!!!

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Today, I take delivery of an Alesis A6 Andromeda. It is the HAYABUSA of ANALOG Synthesizer keyboards. The last big production of a rare breed - the end all of Analog. No one will probably ever make anything as big and bad as this ever again because it is large, heavy, has ALL the features of the old school AND new school, too expensive to produce and most people don't understand the need. Found one on ebay and pulled the trigger. so today is AndromeDAY to me!!!

So, I been ramping up my other life this last year, that of singer/songwriter/engineer/producer and plan to churn out some tunes this summer. If I ever bother posting up to iTunes I will let ya know. I wrote mostly pop/dance/slow stuff. Anyone else play keyboards here? I don't PLAY so much as BANG STUFF OUT. Can't even read music
biggrin.gif

ALESIS+ANDROMEDA_MINI.JPG

this is not me, just a demo someone made

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you can join forces with a computer graphic person and make some of those videos like the robots that play music.

hehehe I try to write more HUMAN sounding music, but this thing is soooooooo cool!
it's about $3000. No track days for me this season, but that is ok.
smile.gif

Real cool Greg. I was looking at a new keyboard last winter too. I really like all the Alisis equipment I have. I would love to get together with you some time and lay down some guitar tracks to some of your music!
ThumbsUp.gif

Hal, what do ya play? electric, rock, accoustic, spanish mexican, 12 string, bass, banjo, what? I'll have my "studio" wired up next month and be ready to mess around. do ya write or sing or any of that? Studio time is "free" for me, so to speak, and I love messing around with it. I have pro gear and can produce all the way to a radio or online ready, duplicatable CD masters. I own an Alesis Micron also which is great at what it does. All the Alesis stuff I've owned has been great!

and you're in KC - where I go a lot to visit friends. My recorder can travel to! That would be fun to bring it down and jam

I have this 32 channel digital recorder. This baby does EVERYTHING that full studio can do! ...except provide talent ;) AND it's portable.

D32XD-big.jpg

I'm a classical pianist so I pretty much stick to acoustic. Never have been able to find an electronic that would exactly reproduce that acoustic sound.

That's a nice setup you have there, though. I could picture myself getting into something like that.

--Wag--

There's some VERY NICE sounding digital Pianos out these days. Amongst my gear, I must have about 12 different Pianos from full grands to beat up old west bar Pianos. On some, you can even hear/feel the hammer action! It's one of my favorite instruments. but the contrption above ONLY does "Synth" type sounds: earthquake basses, sweeping sci-fi stuff, lush fake strings, and phasing everything. it's the best of that sort of thing. I'm lovin it!

Back