MOTO GP II Demo version for PC

look, ma! mo ho-in!

new.JPG

I downloaded the MotoGP2 Demo version last night, and the best time I could manage at Sepang was a 1:49.27.
wow.gif

The stock bikes really suck. You can't change the tire compound, gearing, suspension setup, or the wheelbase. I forgot about that in the demo version. Still a lot of fun, but I kept running off the track because I'm used to my other bike.
laugh.gif

which is your FAVE demo stock bike, stkr? I theeenk the Honda NSR500 is the best but I dont compare them enough

The Honda NSR500 is the only one I could get a decent laptime with in the Demo.  Without being able to change the settings, you can't make the others perform like they should.  They're too heavy, and too long to be able to powerslide through the turns, and their brakes are weak, so you are braking way too early and for too long.

Comparison:
Full Version - Sepang: 1:39...custom bike (NSR500)
Demo Version - Sepang: 1:49...stock bike (NSR500)

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131466036 -->

Best I can get with the Demo version (so far) is 1 57.02 (5 59.42) and that was this morning.  I hate you guys....
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: "dam emoticons!!!"|1131468526 -->

well, I havent posted my Sepang times yet, but I will. probably closer to 2 min!
biggrin.gif
I'm out of practice. Last night when I made the White Busa... my controller was not working and I cant do crap with keyboard!!!!! I'll get my stick working and post up a score or two.

I agree the HONDA is the bike [of the four] that gets you the best score on that track. it's what I see the good players use.

I hear there's a way to unlock all bikes in MGP3 demo... post a link? ;)

I hear there's a way to unlock all bikes in MGP3 demo...   post a link?   ;)
I've got the file, but I'd like to see how it works before posting a link.
wink.gif

Once my MotoGP3 comes in and I get it installed, then I'll post instructions and tips.
cool.gif

this will make you feel better MC!! ...after 6 laps of racing... best I could muster shown below. WITH my controller :p

motogp.JPG

I think I need a 12 step program, because Im putting in about 12 to 14 hours a day for the last 2 days playing Moto GP3 (full version). My times are droping, and my seed rating is now at a 68 - not good but not to bad. I tried to use my Saitek rumble pad, but switched over to my Flight Stick (Microsoft sidewinder force feedback) and I like the flight stick much better, maybe because I played flight sims for 10+ years, but it feels so much more natural with the motorcycle than a gamepad.

Ok, Anyone else besides me want to create a Hayabusa.org Moto GP3 team / clan / or whatever you call it? Would be cool and great way to get to know some of the members here. Im sure there is only a handful of people who will ever play this game here, but for the few that do, I think it could be sorta cool. Anyhow My in game name is ValiumBusa. And I have the whole week off from work, so I should be online playing alot more than I should - heck, who needs to do house work!
tounge.gif

Here's a link to the "Maxed Bike" for MotoGP3.  I haven't used it yet, as my copy of GP3 hasn't arrived. Look at the bottom of the page for the file link. This is a 160kb ZIP file.

I'm gonna be busy today at work, but I'll post instructions on how to install this after I get home. It's a little involved, but not too complicated.

http://mojo.get2.us

This is our Team MoJo! website. There are several teams out there already. Most of the teams have their own web sites and forums. If you want to make a "team", all you have to do is come up with a name to put in front of your screen name.

My screen name on GameSpy is MoJo!stkr01
cool.gif
I could create another profile if needed, but since I'm already on a team...they might frown upon it.
laugh.gif

The site used to have a MaxBike file for MotoGP2, but the link isn't there. I've got the file at home, so I'll upload it to my server and post a link when I get home.
cool.gif

The instructions will be the same for both files
wink.gif

Okay...I finally got done typing out the dam instructions
wow.gif

That's a lot of dam typing. Especially since I had to stare at the MotoGP3 box that cam today. I had to keep telling myself that I had to type these BEFORE I installed the new game.
laugh.gif

I'm linking to the files that I uploaded to my server space. They're small files, less than 50kb between the two of them, so it shouldn't take very long.

It will be best if you print out the instructions before you start...They're two pages long. Please take the time and read through the instructions carefully. If you mess up while moving stuff around, then your game will not work and you'll have to reinstall it.
Hell, it may not work even if you do follow them.
wink.gif

MaxBike Setup Instructions (MS Word Document)

MaxBike ZIP file (WinZIP)

Good Luck and Have Fun
cool.gif

stkr00,

I downloaded the Maxbikezip from ya for GP3, when I extracted it I only have a file called "Player Noobster". No file called settings is in your file. Am I doing something wrong?

I do see a file called "Profile"

when I open my Player folder I also see a file called "Profile", but no file named "Settings" in my original folder or with the file you provided.

<!--EDIT|valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131627045 -->

stkr00,

I downloaded the Maxbikezip from ya for GP3, when I extracted it I only have a file called "Player Noobster". No file called settings is in your file. Am I doing something wrong?

I do see a file called "Profile"

when I open my Player folder I also see a file called "Profile", but no file named "Settings" in my original folder or with the file you provided.
You're right valium...MGP3 doesn't come with a settings file. I just figured that out after I posted the other stuff.

The configuration of the MGP3 stuff is a bit different, but once you're in the setup screens in the game, it's easy enough to figure out.

I should have done the MGP3 install before I typed the instructions, but I knew that once I got on the new game...nobody would be getting any instructions.
laugh.gif

I'm not sure if I like MotoGP3 or not. Even with the SIM level at 0, it's almost like riding SIM in MGP2. A little frustrating when I'm used to being able to compete with some of the top rated online racers, and now I crash at least 3 times per lap on my favorite tracks.

I guess I need to take baby steps and try to relearn the game.
mad.gif

ok, got the files to work.....just deleted the settings file, and draged the Noobster folder over to my save file. Works great. Thanks for the input, was a tad confused but now I see the dim-light ahead. I don't have GP2, but Im loving GP3...very real and after about 20 hours playing Im starting to get a good feel for it.

<!--EDIT|valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131628171 -->

I don't have MGP3 yet, and not sure I will get it. I RARELY play the full version of 2. Yeah, I'm a weenie! I was hoping we could rope in a few people here to at least play the demo online a couple times!
biggrin.gif

Valium, stkr, mc mustang, babybusa, qarnaj, charlesbusa... do you all have the demo for MGP2 and want to play online some evening? MGP2 might not require a super computer to play so I recommend we play that version. But I would play the MGP3 demo also! I can host a server with little effort and I think stkr knows how to also.

I was looking thru our 2003 post and found my record was 1:53 or 54 on Sepang but I couldnt tell if that was the Demo or Full version with the good red/white honda? ? ?

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131631629 -->

Back