MOTO GP II Demo version for PC

So should I get MotoGP 2 or 3? Im a sucker for games, and online would be awesome in helping me keep my sanity while all the white stuff is on the ground. Also, where is a good place to purchase?

On the motogp3 demo version I ran a best lap of 1:23 at Le manns.  What you guys got??  
tounge.gif
In GP3 I got a 1:14..., and in GP2 I got a 1:12... at LeMans
cool.gif

You can't get rid of the road blur with the demo version, and unless you know the tracks REALLY well, it will mess you up.

stkr Im in 03 Demo right now. Can a guy buy the full version at gamestop or Wallmart? Awesome game---but I suck, Im turning 1:53 laps....lmao

<!--EDIT|valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131368641 -->

So should I get MotoGP 2 or 3? Im a sucker for games, and online would be awesome in helping me keep my sanity while all the white stuff is on the ground. Also, where is a good place to purchase?
The easiest way to get the game is to order it online at either Wal-Mart or Amazon. Wal-Mart is about $1 more, but they have $0.97 shipping, where Amazon charges $4.98 shipping. Wal-Mart wins.
biggrin.gif

I went to all of the local stores yesterday and couldn't find it, so I ended up back at home ordering it online. I went to Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Target, and Toys-R-Us.

I haven't played MotoGP3 enough to say which one is better, but for only $20 a piece for the PC version, you could just buy both. The X-Box version is around $40.

From what others say, MotoGP3 is more realistic...even in the "arcade" mode where you're not using any SIM. The SIM level can be set anywhere from 0-100%. There are SIM settings for: on-road handling, off-road handling, and crash simulation. When they're all at 100%, it is VERY realistic. You actually have to worry about corner entry and exit speeds, your tires will spin up and you'll slide, and god forbid you have the rain on at the same time...then it's a crashfest.
laugh.gif

It's a good winter game to keep you busy
cool.gif

thanks for the info. Might sound sorta lame, but would be neat if several of us could get some sorta regular racing online together. Im completely hooked! And I thought GTA San Andreas was cool because of the motorcycles....jesh, where have I been...obviously under a very large Rock. Just turned my first 1:34 lap time...lol - I still suck

I've actually been getting more and more disgruntled with the AI in MotoGP3. It seems like every time I get caught in the pack somebody feels it necessary to slam into me. I end up on the ground and they ride blissfully onwards. This becomes particularly annoying as the AI then slows it's riding speed to let me catch up with the pack. I blow by them, but as soon as I get to the next corner the AI realizes it needs to speed up to keep up with me. It kicks the other riders into super turbo boost mode, and as soon as I get leaned over to take the corner a random rider comes screaming up around 100 mph faster than I'm going and kamakazies into my back wheel. Once again I'm eating gravel and he goes blissfully on his way.

I think I really need to try the online option. Maybe that would be less flaky enough to be enjoyable.

On the motogp3 demo version I ran a best lap of 1:23 at Le manns.  What you guys got??  
tounge.gif
In GP3 I got a 1:14..., and in GP2 I got a 1:12... at LeMans
cool.gif

You can't get rid of the road blur with the demo version, and unless you know the tracks REALLY well, it will mess you up.
Arggghhh

are you using the keyboard or something else??

I'm a helluva lot better on the xbox with a control that can modulate throttle power instead of full on full off...

The AI is annoying, they stay in this huge, we are going to slam into you and crash you pack.  They don't spread out much.  Your only hope is to qualify great then stay in front once the race is on.  Legend level is just insane...

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131380330 -->

I just ran a 1:58.35 at Sepang (6:02.48 total) and it sounds like I couldn't even finish with you guys....
sad.gif
"Course, Sepang is the only track the Demo version plays....

Too many people to quote, so I'll just make it general...
tounge.gif

In MotoGP2: To race without having the AI bikes crash you, because you know they will, they can't ride for shid. Bear with me...I'm at work and I'm trying to do this from memory. Once you get into the settings, it will make sense.
<ul>[*]Start the game
[*]Use multi-player...NOT single
[*]Create a session...NOT a GameSpy session, unless you're hosting online.
[*]Once you're in the LOBBY...
[*]Hit TAB...this will take you to all of the settings
[*]select Edit Game Mode
[*]select Collisions...set to OFF
[*]select AI bikes...set to ON, or OFF...your choice
[*]set the AI bikes skill level to Legend...wooo hooooooo!
[*]set all the SIM to 100% (temporarily)...Just for fun
laugh.gif

[*]Hit ESC to back out of the menus and return to the lobby.
[/list]

Now you can race without getting crashed all of the time. With collisions off, you can draft the riders in front of you, and as you draft, you can ride/ghost right through them. Just watch out if you're drafting down a straight...when you get to the turn, you'll need to brake sooner or you'll be in the gravel.

Controls: Some people use the keyboard, but I could never get the hang of that. I use a Saitek-EVO joystick for most of my controls, but still use a few kb keys for stuff like leaning back. I use the trigger as my throttle, but with MotoGP3, I'll probably have to learn how to use the analog slider. The 4-stroke bikes spin up a lot easier than the 2-stroke.

Hope this helps
cool.gif

We'll cover how to get all the tracks and bikes unlocked later on
wink.gif

I just ran a 1:58.35 at Sepang (6:02.48 total) and it sounds like I couldn't even finish with you guys....  
sad.gif
That's not a bad time MC
cool.gif

Each track has it's little tricks that get you better times. It does take a lot of practice though. Before I got my "real" track bike, I was playing online almost everynight for a couple of hours...pathetic really
laugh.gif
Even then, it took me over a year to finally get a 1:39 at Sepang.

As you get better, your times will drop off quick, but then you reach a point where you're stuck. This is frustrating as hell. This is when you "just" touch the grass, and it gives you the +0:00.30 penalty and your pissed. This is when you don't see a new PB on a track for a couple of months, but then one night your online with some others and the drafting works out just right, and BAM!.....New PB.

Once you get the full version, then you get to go through this with every track.
wink.gif

mc mustang, download the MGP3 demo also, it has 2 more tracks AND a LARGE Busa looking bike that I think they label a 1200! PIGGISH for racing yet fun never the less.

us having been on a few tracks, I think stkr00 will agree with me that this "Game" is just about like REAL Trackdays: figure out your bikes feel, get yoru lines, uber speed, fun fun fun!

here's my $19 controller. works great on many types of games. especially motogp! seperate f/r breaks, variable throttle control, push forward to tuck, good feel

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131381912 -->

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up the full Version of Motogp 3 - wow! If you like the Demo, the full Game will blow you away. Got mine local at EB games for 19.99. C'ya in the game!
cool.gif

sad.gif
That's not a bad time MC
cool.gif

Each track has it's little tricks that get you better times.  It does take a lot of practice though.  Before I got my "real" track bike, I was playing online almost everynight for a couple of hours...pathetic really
laugh.gif
 Even then, it took me over a year to finally get a 1:39 at Sepang.

As you get better, your times will drop off quick, but then you reach a point where you're stuck.  This is frustrating as hell.  This is when you "just" touch the grass, and it gives you the +0:00.30 penalty and your pissed.  This is when you don't see a new PB on a track for a couple of months, but then one night your online with some others and the drafting works out just right, and BAM!.....New PB.

Once you get the full version, then you get to go through this with every track.
wink.gif
Thanks for the encouragement! I'll stick with it...and will look at downloading the games. I am gearing up for the holidays - so my spending has been curtailed somewhat, but afte ther new year....WooHoo!

mc mustang, download the MGP3 demo also, it has 2 more tracks AND a LARGE Busa looking bike that I think they label a 1200!  PIGGISH for racing yet fun never the less.

us having been on a few tracks, I think stkr00 will agree with me that this "Game" is just about like REAL Trackdays:  figure out your bikes feel, get yoru lines, uber speed, fun fun fun!

here's my $19 controller.  works great on many types of games.  especially motogp! seperate f/r breaks, variable throttle control, push forward to tuck,  good feel
p880.jpg
You are using that controller on your PC? Where do you get it?

found some old stuff: [before I got a good graphics card]

post-6-34187-wwjdgp3.jpg

post-6-35531-demo.jpg

post-6-49270-wwjdgp2.jpg

post-6-39656-111.jpg

hahah good old stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
Now this is diggin up old bones
cool.gif

Here's a topic that was started on 11-28-2003
wow.gif

This is some good reading...funny stuff in there too
laugh.gif
 There's some good tips/trick we learned along the way also.

Enjoy
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131390669 -->

uh.. I have a DAY JOB so can only play evenings :p     You guys wanna try sometime this weekend?  I'll serve MOTOGP 2 DEMO and it WILL show up on GAMESPY ALSO.  Since not everyone owns the full game, just download the demo and install that.  I'm around all weekend so pick a time and we'll do it.  I can't just leave the server up cuz I host TRACKMANIA SUNRISE 24/7 the rest of the time and will have to kill that while we tear it up on the track

Baby Busa, keys work pretty good, but you should find the front and rear break keys.  Also if you hammer the gas twice, you can spin the rear tire in corners to help your turns

you KNOW you want THIS to be YOU!!  [see below]
motogp2_scrn05.jpg
thanks for the info. yeah, i'm jealous. my cornering is killing me right now!
biggrin.gif

Back