Isabel

Hold on tight guys... I'm too faraway to even imagine how it'll be... Anyway, shouldn't Isabel be translated to Elisabeth? thought you guys didn't had that name in english, but i guess I was wrong :super:
Again, hold on tight!

Isabell was a wasted experience. The only problems we had was an 8 hour power outtage and our street was flooded. I tried walking down to the street off of my drive way and was in water up to my knees before I even got there. But hey, I did get a day off for it!

Isabell was a wasted experience.  The only problems we had was an 8 hour power outtage and our street was flooded.  I tried walking down to the street off of my drive way and was in water up to my knees before I even got there.  But hey, I did get a day off for it!
I know it could be worst, but that is bad enough to ruin a good ride.

Thats why I wasn't out riding in it. Just got to stay at home and play with the kids all day. The best part of it

Is everyone else on the east coast doing ok? No flooded busa garages i hope.

I was thinking of Michelle when I posted that yesterday. Her last post was the one in this thread on the 18th. Thats 3 days of no VaBusa now. Hopefully, only her power is out.

You are in our thoughts girl! Keep safe!

I spoke with a friend of mine in VA's area. She said there still isn't power in a alot of the suburbs down there. Thats maybe why she jasn't been back on......???

Hey guys!

I'm fine...even rode the Busa today to check out the damages in other areas...

We're still without power; 4th day now...but, we've been lucky...we have a generator! Biggest challenge is waiting in the gas pump lines for fuel...not many gas stations are open, and the same goes for stores...we were fairly prepared, so we're doing better than a lot of our neighbors...

We only had 2 trees take out some of our fencing; our neighbors weren't so lucky...huge trees on their houses...I've got pics, but haven't had time to hook up our PC at home and download them...

Our area of the Chesapeake is devastated...no power, trees blocking major roads, power lines down across homes and streets...a marina just 3 miles from me is no longer in existence...several other marinas were hurt pretty badly...the trees that have fallen are almost unbelievable; very sad for so many people in our area...

We were hit with Isabel when she was downgraded to a category 1, so I'd hate to see anything worse!

Just wanted to let you guys know I'm still around...even riding today! :D

I'll catch up soon...post pics, etc...not being connected to the world (hayabusa.org) sucks! :)

Oh...and for those wondering...I stopped by my office (one of the few places with power!) to catch up with everyone! :tounge:

I doubt I'll be around for a few more days...feel free to talk about me behind my back! :D

Oh...and for those wondering...I stopped by my office (one of the few places with power!) to catch up with everyone!  :tounge:

I doubt I'll be around for a few more days...feel free to talk about me behind my back!  :D
Great to hear yer ok there Michelle! Was beginnin' to wonder about ya... :cool:

I know this is an old thread but I just got this today. Pretty scary picture.

hurricane_Isabel.jpg

I'm working on getting pics together so you guys/gals can see how bad it's been around here...many are still without power, so getting pics together has been the last thing on my mind...got a coworker that was part of a group assessing damage/condemning homes, and she's got some sad pics...

I'll get them out soon enough...I hope!

Here's another that goes along with Mikey's...

stormfront1.jpg

Hell no :eek: I'd be too scared if I saw something like that!

...it came along with the first one you posted, so I'm guessing it's from the same ship...

I got some picks taken on Langley AFB at work. I'll post em if I get a chance tommora.

Back