The next 60 hours

Thanks Nick.

It is really crazy outside. Horizontal rain.

oh I'd love to see it! I LOVE BAD weather... during Katrina I kept going out on the front porch taking pictures. Darrell chose that time to do some roofing also.

Now I'm not too crazy about SNOW storms.. but give me some good rain, wind, and add some lightning.. I'm in LOVE

I love bad weather, but more thunder and lightening, not so much trees being uprooted and the wind LOL

I am around the Lynchburg area and its about 4 hours from the beach. We have had some bad rain for about 3 days now. Not much flooding as of yet (except low areas) but the James will crest soon and then its on. I just hope its not as bad as the 1985 crest. Best of luck to you guys near the water and try to keep safe

Been nasty her in Raleigh since Tuesday night. High winds & torrential rain. Not supposed to clear out until late Saturday! :banghead:
Sunday looks gorgeous for a ride, but I know a lot of shid will be in the roads. Be careful.

Its been really bad here all day! Been on the road since 11am til 3 pm for work! What idiots we have here! Cars under water and now one here seems to know how to drive!???

Day three. Electricity has been out since about 1800. Schools and Base is closed again. My son's dorm has water at his front steps. Still raining, still blowing and more trees are down in the neighborhood.

On a good note Panera is open and has both electricity and wifi :thumbsup:

I faired better than that so far...power flickered but I never completely lost it. I do have lots of minor clean up to do now, once the rain and wind subsides...

I did find that my home has two leaks I've never seen before, so I guess those are new projects :laugh:

Electricity is back on. Lot of damage in the area. Including a barge that got a little grounded. We surf near the fishing pier in the background. Those are 40 foot shipping containers on the deck.

sbbarge.jpg

Last edited:
Electricity is back on. Lot of damage in the area. Including a barge that got a little grounded. We surf near the fishing pier in the background. Those are 40 foot shipping containers on the deck.

:shocked: They'll have fun removing that outta there!

Back