Frankenstorm commeth!!

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Who knows where Sandy will land, but I'm not liking the "historic storm" descriptions that I keep hearing. Hurricane Isabel hit us as a tropical storm in 2003, and we lost power for 10 days. If this goes anything like they're saying, I guess we'll just start getting used to no showers, cooking on the grill and candles for a while.

Good thing one week from today we're heading to FL and hopping on a cruise ship! :thumbsup:

Everyone in the "cone of uncertainty", please prep!! This one looks ominous... :rulez:

:moon:

sandy.jpg

Who knows where Sandy will land, but I'm not liking the "historic storm" descriptions that I keep hearing.

Me either Chelle. This one sounds bad! You all be safe there. I'm looking for a generator but to no avail.

Tom.

Me either Chelle. This one sounds bad! You all be safe there. I'm looking for a generator but to no avail.

Tom.

Head down and grab the one at Dad's! We have one (well, 2 if you count his) :)

Don't have those issues here in New Mexico. No hurricanes, No tornados, rare snowstorms, Occaisional thunderstorms if we are lucky. Only problem here is the spring winds and drought wich really isn't so bad.

Don't have those issues here in New Mexico. No hurricanes, No tornados, rare snowstorms, Occaisional thunderstorms if we are lucky. Only problem here is the spring winds and drought wich really isn't so bad.

But its new mexico....

Oh hush :p

Keep watching all the models, and see what they are saying for New England,, Yeh, here we go again!

we stopped by the home depot to see about generators or stuff and well, they were sold slam out of generators, batteries, people buying up lumber/plywood like crazy. Headed down to BJs and they had a truck load of batteries, water, canned food stuffs. Picked up 3 5gal waters for the water cooler, 12 D cells for the mag lights and well if we see water coming up over the back yard, I'm going and stealing a yacht from the marina just down the road. Its 30' from the water up to the back yard....and its the Long Island sound and the Atlantic is about 3/4mi east of us....if we see flooding from the back yard stealing the yacht will be the last thing I'm worried about :laugh:

Sounds like everyone from VA to NY are prepping...that's good! :thumbsup:

Omar went shopping for us today, and tested the generator...tonight I'll get all laundry done and Tess put away :) Then, wait... :banghead:

Wasn't that bad, just interrupted riding for a few days. Will ride tonight, weather is cool now, down to low 80's, sun is out real nice, might do some night riding too. We are built for hurricanes so a TS is nothing really, but I am from up there and know you guys will get whacked, board up, get some tarps, get gens fired up, stock up on ice, Fill and bring in bbq, top up on gas, canned food bread and milk, buy a coffee press, oh yeah, get beer.

Wasn't that bad, just interrupted riding for a few days. Will ride tonight, weather is cool now, down to low 80's, sun is out real nice, might do some night riding too. We are built for hurricanes so a TS is nothing really, but I am from up there and know you guys will get whacked, board up, get some tarps, get gens fired up, stock up on ice, Fill and bring in bbq, top up on gas, canned food bread and milk, buy a coffee press, oh yeah, get beer.

What's left when you have no power? Thanks for the reminder, I need to make a beer run :laugh:

they are now saying sunday its coming in somewhere in the DE/MD area, perhaps southern NJ. If the noreaster, hurricane, cold front and high tide all hit at the same time as they are saying, it might suck to be in those areas. If it stays to the east it might suck to be here :banghead:

saw this on facebook...looks like blondie better have a boat :laugh:

storm.jpg

My girl is stuck in Philly for the duration of this storm. She is worried, understandably, since this is her first storm.
I spent 11 years in Norfolk, 8 years in Pensacola and have been through a storm or two.

I just told her that we did not evacuate if it was anything less than a catagory 3.
She was still not reassured. :laugh:

Back