Is this really why people buy bikes???

monster

Wherever I May Roam
Donating Member
Registered
You know I get sooooooo p*ssed off at these squids that buy Gixxers for the sole purpose of weaving in and out of traffic. I was on Interstate 84 on my way to work this morning in the middle lane doing approx 75 mph. This looser on a GSXR flys by me weaving in and out of every possible care he can find - all the cars are locking up their brakes. It's like would you grow the f*ck up?!? Either that or just do us a favor and hit a light pole and just get it over with. There's a time and place and it isn't in morning rush hour traffic on a super congested interstate. Not to mention these guys just plain old give us a bad name. He did have a helmet on surprisingly enough but that was the only gear he was wearing.

rant.gif

I too have seen riders doing that and I figure they just have a death wish...hopefully they won't hurt others if/when they finally hurt themselves
down.gif

Yhea you should see rush hour in Miami on I-95, same crap only the cars do it also. Down here if you do not drive agressive you park. I agree with you in Connecticut though. My house is still in CT. People here panic and brake when a bike cuts to close, which is why you can't do it with out causing problems. Plenty of roads after rush hour to open it up.

They can't afford the track so why not run the risk for free?
smile.gif

I use to do that to some extent on my 750...not rush hour or anything but when there was a line of cars staggered just right in two lanes headed in one direction......

That's why they buy them here...

Idiots.

Another example of why we don't ride in large groups. Too many

wow.gif
s

I agree the overly aggressive guys and ignorant kids can really put a couple digns in our image.

However I am also a huge advocate of Not Rolling with the flow and being one of the sheep in heavy traffic. I've seen to many idoits attempt to "FILL" what they think is a gap only to discover a bike there too late.

So Steadily moving through traffic is the way to do it.

Also, Remember that a lot of folks want to "Show this Busa How Badass I am"... So Thank your Hayabusa, it tends to bring out the stupidity in everyone.
laugh.gif

What ticks me is when they see I'am on my Busa and pass me at WARP  
vader1.gif
speed, but to impress me they pass me with about 6 inches between my leg and their bike
mad.gif

I can only hope they try that in Oklahoma City with the WRONG Busa being passed
laugh.gif

He is the reason why we hear stories about cagers cutting us off and getting angry.

We are the targets that get all the crap for the idiots.
mad.gif

Weaving through traffic at a high rate of speed is just plain stupid...
Moving through traffic going just a few MPH over the current speed of the traffic is just safe. I can't see sitting in traffic and having a car or truck or just about anything bigger than me move into my lane while I am still in it...

Just the other day heading back from a great ride I slowed down to the pace of traffic and had a lady move into my lane with me still there. Was able to avoid, but then her and the passenger do the eyes straight and don't recognize the bike you just cut off... from what I am told they didn't even acknowledge the other riders I was with. Idiots.

You should see kelly drive on the weekend... I watched around 8 guys on Gixxer's and Yammi's pulling the old you can't hold me back dance through the traffic... No gear except for the muscle shirts and tribal tattoo's... Stupid road to do it on with all the crack repair that is on the road. I have to say one of them was a really good rider from what I could see though... Although I can't understand why you would want a bare knee an inch off the ground... dummies.

im guilty myself of doing it!!(for 30 years) riding is easy when im the one doing the passing. or should i say #### head moves.so if you see a 00 red up on 84 doing dumb stuff ...just get out of the way ..lol

I hate it when I'm riding with the flow of traffic--maybe even below the limit-and a squid blows by me doing the weave. Funny thing is after a few miles, I'm usually caught up to him.

im guilty myself of doing it!!(for 30 years) riding is easy when im the one doing the passing. or should i say #### head moves.so if you see a 00 red up on 84 doing dumb  stuff ...just get out of the way ..lol
LOL ok at least wave to me as you blow buy!

Also, Remember that a lot of folks want to "Show this Busa How Badass I am"...  So Thank your Hayabusa, it tends to bring out the stupidity in everyone.  
laugh.gif
Ain't that the truth. Even the soccer mom's in mini vans just have to "get the last word in on 'who's bad a$$?"

Thank God Lane splitting is legal here in Cali. But I am guilty of aggressive riding at times too. Every now and then you have to let your busa run.

I tend to find two types of cages so far on the Busa. 1) Cages who move from the left lane to the right and let me gently rode past them.
2) Cages who make me go into the right lane to get around and then come flying by me later on.

I tend to go 5 - 10 above surrounding moderate traffic but always get a chuckle when the cage feels the need to come flying by me.

Thank God Lane splitting is legal here in Cali.  But I am guilty of aggressive riding at times too.  Every now and then you have to let your busa run.
From what I've seen lane splitting seems to be a sure fire way to die. I'm in Nevada....no lane splitting here, but we were up at Tahoe and a guy on a Harley comes ripping through 2 lanes of weaving traffic slowing for a red light. The guy barely cleared half the cars. Thats some of the riskiest riding I've ever seen....didn't look AT ALL smart in my opinion. Maybe he wanted to look like a bad ass biker and feel like somebody to make up for his low self esteem. Or maybe he was just a newbie/idiot/soon to be organ donor.....who knows. I'm not saying all lane splitting is suicidal, but the majority of it I've seen in northern cali looks pretty damn risky
wow.gif

Back