Is This Not Good?

if ur makn any real power personally I wud nvr buy aluminum sprokets again. death wish imo...:whistle: im sure road race guys have less issues but their not makn much hp and their bikes are usually much lighter.

if ur makn any real power personally I wud nvr buy aluminum sprokets again. death wish imo...:whistle: im sure road race guys have less issues but their not makn much hp and their bikes are usually much lighter.
They probably change sprockets like underwear too :laugh:

I can only imagine what his chain looks like if he let his sprocket get that bad!

823,988,124,342,12 reason not to buy a used motorcycle.

That aluminum could catch you off guard when you expect to get 20000 miles minimum out of steel. Wear accelerates quickly during that "end game" situation...if the chain gets off the teeth, look out:rulez: Thanks for the share & the heads up. Anyone running aluminum would be highly advised to keep a very close eye on them, live ot ride another day. :thumbsup:

That aluminum could catch you off guard when you expect to get 20000 miles minimum out of steel. Wear accelerates quickly during that "end game" situation...if the chain gets off the teeth, look out:rulez: Thanks for the share & the heads up. Anyone running aluminum would be highly advised to keep a very close eye on them, live ot ride another day. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the heads up.

About how much do you pay for a rear JT

If I remember correctly. its been over year now since I been running mine with 15K+ miles they cost under 35 bucks for a rear..
Mine still looks great after 15K miles of stress testing and gripping and ripping.

What I dont understand is how some can let there sprockets get so bad and the dange that can occurr if the chain flies off. Dont you guys clean your chains every 500-750 miles or look at your sprocket when your checking air pressure :dunno:

I know most women are like this just gas and go dont look at anything on there cars but I didnt know we had riders that do the same even worse on a 200HP 2 wheel machine Amaaaaazing!

That's about right for an aluminum sprocket. Next time buy steel JT are nice. My last sprocket was a supersprox from Pashnit and I don't think I'll ever bother buying anything else again. I have a rear stock gen 2 sprocket that only has about 5000 miles on it if you need it.

If I remember correctly. its been over year now since I been running mine with 15K+ miles they cost under 35 bucks for a rear..
Mine still looks great after 15K miles of stress testing and gripping and ripping.

What I dont understand is how some can let there sprockets get so bad and the dange that can occurr if the chain flies off. Dont you guys clean your chains every 500-750 miles or look at your sprocket when your checking air pressure :dunno:

I know most women are like this just gas and go dont look at anything on there cars but I didnt know we had riders that do the same even worse on a 200HP 2 wheel machine Amaaaaazing!

I was at a bike shop the other day that deals with sport bikes almost exclusively. The 929 he was working on was brought in because the owner wanted a valve adjustment and no other service. There was under 10psi of air in each tire and the chain was totally whooped. The mechanic told me that he sees these things regularly. I was baffled. I can't go more than about 200 miles without lubing the chain, checking tire pressure and cleaning the whole bike. People never cease to amaze me.

I dont have that many miles on my vortex sprocket, but it still looks really good. Hopefully mine doesnt look like that anytime soon

That's because you ride like a girl, and not even a fast girl, the really slooooowwwwww girls. :rofl:

A reminder for all of us... for the sake of our passengers if not for us, 5 minutes check up before riding it's all it take :thumbsup:

About how much do you pay for a rear JT

Made in Taiwan. Cheap! Cheap! Cheap! Looks cheap as well. However, JT Sprockets and Pilot Power tires make a great starter set! :dunno:

If you pay attention, when you see a JT rear wheel the rest of the bike is generally clad with cheap knockoff stuff as well.

For $50 or so you can buy yourself a Quality Vortex Racing Steel Sprocket (Made in the USA) that gleams of quality and appearance. You can expect 30K+ miles of cruising/play.

If you Prefer a light weight aluminum sprocket, Vortex also offers Anodized Hardened Aluminum wheels that extend life. Aluminum will never share the longevity of steel, Hardened or No!

Aluminum sprockets really aren't THAT bad, but they do require a lot more attention to chain tension than a steel sprocket. I, myself will probably end up running an aluminum sprocket because of the available sizes for drag racing, but I have always typically ran steel

I can only imagine what his chain looks like if he let his sprocket get that bad!

823,988,124,342,12 reason not to buy a used motorcycle.
Thats what i was thinking... i have 50K very hard miles on my stocker rear....still looks great.....4 new chains at least. 12 years.

Chain as well as the bike looks like it just came out of the box. Im just saying this is really weird. Last I was on the bike was in october. The Mrs and I took a little vacation and put about 1300 miles on in 4 days. Came home put the bike in storage and just pulled it out for another trip next week. Yes I do ride my bike. Went through the whole bike and I was amazed when I saw the sprocket. I know it didn't look like that last year. Just to clear it up here is the said non maintained bike with the non maintained garage it sits in.
photo.jpg

It looks like that was even the "hardcoat" version of the sprocket too

Chain as well as the bike looks like it just came out of the box. Im just saying this is really weird. Last I was on the bike was in october. The Mrs and I took a little vacation and put about 1300 miles on in 4 days. Came home put the bike in storage and just pulled it out for another trip next week. Yes I do ride my bike. Went through the whole bike and I was amazed when I saw the sprocket. I know it didn't look like that last year. Just to clear it up here is the said non maintained bike with the non maintained garage it sits in.
photo.jpg
u shud really clean ur garage floor:whistle::bigsmile:

While I agree the bikes are lighter, most of the AMA 1000 race bikes are making more horsepower than any bolt-on Gen I or Gen II bike. Obviously the torque is less

Back