Is This Not Good?

war69

Registered
Leaving for a little vacation and figured id change out the tires. Never again aluminum sprockets. About 10,000 miles and I don't race. Mainly 2 up riding.

wheel_zps882d4f0f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reality is nothing last forever. How do you guys buy parts and expect them to have life long existence when you really ride these bikes? :rofl: You then act like part failed :laugh: Steel sprockets wear out too....

Looks more like a table saw blade than a rear sprocket. I went with the supersprox and couldn't be more pleased. :thumbsup:

Don't blame the sprocket that did its job by being waaaaay lighter than a steel one. Blame the owner who let it get THAT bad.

That's about 5,000 more miles then I got out of my last vortex,on the bking, with aluminum you need to check the sprockets all the time, you need to be looking over the bike more carefully, especially now being a ducati owner:laugh:

I dont have that many miles on my vortex sprocket, but it still looks really good. Hopefully mine doesnt look like that anytime soon

What make is that so we can all avoid them?
10,000 miles ain't much at all. I think if you can make a sprocket that will last a bit longer than that don't make it. That thing is dangerous.

What make is that so we can all avoid them?
10,000 miles ain't much at all. I think if you can make a sprocket that will last a bit longer than that don't make it. That thing is dangerous.

Vortex Aluminum...they're good quality items, just seems like the aluminum cant handle the abuse the Beast puts out! :thumbsup::bowdown:

It is a Vortex.Funny that the last time I put new tires on that the dealer never said a word unless it happen in the last few thousand miles. Doubt it. Going back to steel.

Running a sprocket until the teeth start breaking is "Neglect"! The bike that sprocket is on most likely has other issues that have gone un-noticed as well.

Yah I am sure your right. I'm sure everything you own is perfect. Maybe you should know me before passing judgment. You could eat off any part of my bike it is so clean. Even at 40,000 miles.Some day Ill thrive to be as perfect as you and your busa.
Running a sprocket until the teeth start breaking is "Neglect"! The bike that sprocket is on most likely has other issues that have gone un-noticed as well.

Yah I am sure your right. I'm sure everything you own is perfect. Maybe you should know me before passing judgment. You could eat off any part of my bike it is so clean. Even at 40,000 miles.Some day Ill thrive to be as perfect as you and your busa.

You have to have some perspective War69. Tuf lives in Washington state which means he gets to ride about one week out of the year. The rest of the time is devoted to polishing, modding, staring, wishing, and using his Busa as a bar stool while he cries in his beer day dreaming that he didnt live in a mold infested wet hanky of a state. At least your sprocket gets some use. :laugh:

:laugh: you guys are funny, anyway I was noticing my vortex aluminum isn't looking that great today. I think I have about 6K miles on it, but I do have a Vortex Steel replacement ........... in black :thumbsup:

The factory sprocket got 32K

I'm only trying to help others out by letting them know to check ur aluminum sprocket more often. I go over my whole bike every 5000 miles. Which would be 3 times a year almost. This was a freak thing.

I'm only trying to help others out by letting them know to check ur aluminum sprocket more often. I go over my whole bike every 5000 miles. Which would be 3 times a year almost. This was a freak thing.

I appreciate your post sir. It's funny, I pulled into a gas station today, bought a drink and started answering questions about my ride with all the locals and customers when looking through my swingarm I noticed the wear :laugh:

Back