the colds no good

mzrsq

Busaless
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, so I'm still playin with the whole wheelie thing. Haven't really rode one very far yet (read as, lifting 12 or so inches and sittting it back down), but at least I'm getting the front off the ground now........well except for tonight. 45 degree's, out for a short ride, playin around, 4G's, snap the throttle, font lift?.....Nope. How about rear spins. Everytime I attempted to lift the front tonight, all I got was rear tire spin and a little fishtail. Guess she doesn't like the cold.

I know the feeling. I have been out riding the last several days in the 40's and the rear tire breaks loose just by looking at the the throttle!! I am really looking forward to spring!!
biggrin.gif

Yup... BEAUTIFUL weather here in florida... Clear, sunny skies... 70's - 80's...
tounge.gif

I'm sorry guys... don't mean to rub it in...
Yes I do... hehe
wink.gif

If it makes you feel any better, we gotta deal with the old folks on the roads
wow.gif
... that's pretty scary....

drop your rear tire pressure to 20 and it will stick like gummie bears on black asphalt near the equator

u guys are crazy iam in ny and havent been out to ride for about a week. last time i went out was for about 10 miles just to fill it up before winter. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Dropping your tire pressure will help with the spin thing. I'd try 30# and see how that does? Go lower if needed. Many times I find the cold weather brings a dampness to the pavement? Stay out of the shaded spots and it may do better?

Your busa is so heavy and the tire has such a load to lift, it will spin the tire if the tire is cold. I added three teeth to my rear sprocket and that helps with tire spin as well. Not as much torque on the tire. I assume you are lifting it in Low Gear?

Keep practicing, you'll get better and better as time goes along. Just go slow and don't get in a rush. Baby Steps! Clutch wheelies are by far the easiest to do and easy on your scooter as well. Best to get the hang of throttle wheelies first though. Be careful though, I just got myself a "Negligent Driving" ($538) ticket on Wednesday by lifting the front tire about thigh high in low gear and carrying it about a hundred feet while entering the freeway via the on ramp. Was just a little short wheelie but the trooper was not amused.

Back