EVEN MORE COLD TIRE WARNINGS!!!!

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
OK, Leaving a buddies house tonight, Bike had been sitting for several hours.  

Well As I am suiting up my buddy asks me to show Josh (His 12 Yr old Nephew) a little somt'n somt'n... Now I generally do NOT take requests but the kid is surrounded by Harleys so I was sort of a treat.

Anyway, Long story short, instead of a wheelie in my buddies driveway, Josh and Seth both got treated to a fast snap to the left and a long smokey crossed up burnout.  It stepped out so fast for such a long bike that I was just about at full lock keeping the front wheel pointed in the right direction, before I could say "whoops".  Anyhoo it occurs to me that I cannot just get out of the throttle or Lilah goes boom, so I ride it out, looking like some kind of "Super Dave" imitation.  I am just glad that a full face helmet and the darkness made it impossible for anyone to see the fear in my eyes...   Anyhoo, I rode it out, no big deal, kept my feet on the pegs, slowly roll off the throttle and things lined up with just one SNAP.  

I look Back, Josh is jumping up and down, and my Bro is trying to remember how to close his mouth...  Made it worthwhile I guess.

ANYWAY...  Point is my whole night almost went straight to hell cause of cold tires, and all I was thinking at the time was that DAMN COLD/NEW tire thread...   Seriously, GET SOME HEAT IN THEM TIRES>>>  BEFORE DOING STUPID SHID!!!!

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081390693 -->

Before you go to bed tonight Rev....
Ya needs to go into ya garage...
get down on yer knees...
And thank Lilah for sparing yer life today...

tounge.gif

Before you go to bed tonight Rev....
Ya needs to go into ya garage...
get down on yer knees...
And thank Lilah for sparing yer life today...

tounge.gif
Actually I think she and I are just having a little heat... A bit of a power struggle if you will. I'm sort of the dominant type sometimes, and I don't think she's down with that.

It's good though, I think she is getting even with me for letting her get a little dirty then sit in the sun all day....

would the smokey burn-out have happened as easily on a hot tire , as it did on yer cold one ?

not sure i understand yer message .

Nice sticky one , in that senario.... I'd say, "Bad Thing".

Rev, stop doin' all that wild man shid . It's just not you.

hav a stunt free 1..........RSD.

What did I say about rifding within our limits???!!!  
cool.gif
Yeah I got your limits right here buddy...
smileyexhibit.gif

Tonights little thrill show didn't really result in a whole lot of fear really.  It was unexpected, but if you saw it on the street you would swear I meant to do it.  Was it outside my limits?
rock.gif
 I am going to say no, but was it a hell of a surprise and caught me off guard because I wasn't thinking?  YES.

Thus the reminder to think about tire temps, not a warning about not doin stunts for kids...
smile.gif
 I gotcha you though Bro...

<span style='color:red'>RSD</span>, The problem is that I was trying to do a nice little 2' wheelie past em...  But guess what, them cold ass tires had NO intentions of gripping asphalt, and thus the surprise freaking mad-Max style stupidity...  It's not my normal behaviour, but darnit  I wanted to give the kid something to remember from his florida vacation...  He enjoyed the hell out of it, and neither one of them have any idea that that wasn't my plan all along...  So it worked out...  It was just one of them Surprise Dumbass kinda things...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081395206 -->

just let about 10 lbs out of your tires and you'l be good to go. worked for me all winter
biggrin.gif

just let about 10 lbs out of your tires and you'l be good to go.  worked for me all winter  
biggrin.gif
Corrrrect-e-mundo. I agree. Sounds like you got way too much air in there. If you are busting in out sideways with less than 200 HP and a smokey burn-out, try losing some PSI.

Who is Liahia?

Be careful dude.

just let about 10 lbs out of your tires and you'l be good to go.  worked for me all winter  
biggrin.gif
Corrrrect-e-mundo.  I agree.  Sounds like you got way too much air in there.  If you are busting in out sideways with less than 200 HP and a smokey burn-out, try losing some PSI.

Who is Liahia?

Be careful dude.
Lilah is my Bike...  Cheesy maybe, but thats her name... Lilah (Lilith) was the original demoness of temptation and night.

I am feeling ya both in regards to tire pressure, but check out my (pressure Gauge) thread.  I'm running about 38psi in the rear.  But like I said it had been sitting cold for about 5 hours.  I had warmed the motor, but not the tires.

I am thinking it was the surface coating on the driveway, it's not tar really but the whole thing has that black coating over the asphalt, you know what I mean, like a lot of parking lots have, the black sprayed on crap?  I knew that that surface would offer a little less traction, but I didn't think it would matter that much.  It hasn't really before, In parking lots and such I mean, but then my tires have been warmed...

Check out though, you'll laugh your ass off WWJD...

Traction! Out for the first time on a new back tire and the same thing. About 200 yards to the cold pavement got straight and gave her a rip. Same thing a smoker for about 25 feet then she straightened out looked good to the kids on the corner. Message to self WARM UP THE FUGEN TIRE!!!!

mad.gif

We all got to keep in mind not only our limits but, the limits of our awesome machines. I'm glad your OK!
smile.gif

Yikes! That has happened to me several times but not near as dramatic. I hate when the rear breaks loose. Gives me the willies to say the least. Glad you made it ok and I bet it looked really cool. Good thing you are an experienced rider or else you likely would have lost it. Experience counts!

Back