Cold windy weather and Cold tires

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
I decided to take the Busa down the street and back. It's freakin hella cold and windy, and my tires were stone cold.

After turning around i blipped the throttle and preceded to spin the rear halfway down the street. Not on purpose.

Watch them tires people. Man i hate winter.

but have to admit, that night we left sheetz a few years back and my tire unexpectedly broke loose on me... i'm still a little nervous after that one!!

It's kind of like riding on ice.... I had it happen to me about a week ago when we had a 30 degree morning ... I took a turn and things didn't go where I pointed them.... instead I ended up in the other lane... thank goodness noone was ut at that hour of the morning.

It's kind of like riding on ice.... I had it happen to me about a week ago when we had a 30 degree morning ... I took a turn and things didn't go where I pointed them.... instead I ended up in the other lane... thank goodness noone was ut at that hour of the morning.
+1 or on salt
super.gif

you pick all of that seat out of ur butt yet
laugh.gif
Last time mine broke free like that I think I chewed a hole right through the damn seat
wowold.gif

be careful out there...
beerchug.gif

Same, just mosey-ing along (sort of) following a friend last weekend on his 72 650 Tri-hump and, as he pulled away ( can't have too much of that now can we ) I went to catch up and, broke things loose in third @ about 5K unexpectedly.
I'd already put the standard 10+ miles of 50mph or more warm up time on my Diablos and felt confident in a bit of a third gear roll on.

Wrong!!...she lit right up and as such I had to stay in it and ride it out to avoid a high side.

Kinda fun but, I'm not into roasting good rubber unless I'm tearing up the twisties.

lesson learned.........it's winter now and, I will adjust my thottle modulation based upon the torque / HP the Busa has as such.

I almost lost it yesterday too. making a left, dug into the throttle too much, and it went low, I saved it, and almost went high as it hooked up, but, like bulldog 333 here, I stayed with the throttle instead of letting up all at once, and minimized the high-side inertia. Left a 30 foot skid mark on the road, and something similar in my pants.

been there done that, its one of those things that you look back on and think "wow, that was fun" but at the time, you could use your sphincter to sharpen a pencil....

Dude, you're a brave man !!!!! It's been SOOOO windy around here, not to mention how cold it's been !!!
bowdown.gif

Back