Almost put the Busa down!

billbell

Jap is where it's at!
Donating Member
Registered
I took the Busa for a ride today. First time in over a week. It's around 30-35 outside here in Iowa today. The very first turn I make leaving my house, I give her very little throttle, and there goes the ass end on me. I was almost totally sideways before I regained her. Straightened her out, gave a little blip of the throttle, and there went the rear tire spinning again. Tire was wet and cold and the street was cold as well. Not a good combo. I would have been embarassed as hell if I woulda put her down. Just a little reminder to those who are still dying to ride the Bus even though old man winter is getting close.

Yep got to remember the cold tire thing and wet also very bad combo...
evil.gif

Ive been riding to work everyday also
its so easy to spin the tire even when on the highway in the higher gears you have to be carefull

AAAAAH! BAD, Bill, BAD DOG!
smile.gif
Lower that tire pressure 5 PSI for winter riding in hell. Er.. I mean Iowa. I'm glad it didn't pitch you off. Ride safe.
smile.gif

smile.gif

Been there done that on a brand new tire. It ain't fun. Glad you kept it right side up.

Glad she didn't buck you off - but even more glad it ain't that cold here in FLA!

Been there done that on a brand new tire.  It ain't fun.  Glad you kept it right side up.
+1

Lowsided at about 20mph this spring on a new tire in about 45 degree weather about .5 miles from my house while still in my subdivision. Put a new tire on and hadn't riden in about 5 days, forgot about tire, remembered as the bike was spinning like a top down the road with me laying on my side watching and listening. Thank God for framesliders.

Great save, been riding in to work every day here in N Texas and it's been a wet November to put it lightly. Slip and slide into work each morning but am very aware of the conditions and haven't seen the a$$ end come around too far yet. Planning on riding in even when it get's below freezing as long as there is no ice on the road due to cost savings for fuel.

Thanks everyone. It would have really torqued me if I would have dumped her, especially when I was only 20 feet from home.

Back