Rear brake issue

MeltDownZ

Registered
2 months ago at 10,000 miles, dealer wrench said rear brakes look fine as part of an early 12,000 service. They changed a rear tire, chain, and sprockets. about 1,600 miles later, I'm starting to get a scaping noise at the rear rotor. I check it, and there is definetly a 1/4" wide by 1/16th" deep groove being dug in my rear rotor. Questions:

- Should I get on my dealers azz about this since they just checked it?

- Is there a typical cause like wore out rear brake pad that could be causing this?

- Is the rotor still ok?

Thanks!

Rotors Fugged, Means you are using it WAY too MUCH... But Sh!t happens Bro...

Use the fronts more, the rear a whole lot less...

with only 12000 miles the reak brake should be fine. However things happen. The pad may have gotten damaged when they put it back together or some thing may have hit it just right while you were riding. Either way I don't think the dealer will take any responsibilty for it at all. To many variables.

Rotors Fugged, Means you are using it WAY too MUCH...  But Sh!t happens Bro...

Use the fronts more, the rear a whole lot less...
I don't really use the rear brake unless it's one of those rear brake specific situations. Rats! Any idea on where I should get a new rear rotor and what it will cost? Also, do you think that new rear brake pads are in order now too?

Rear rotor? Hell just about anywhere... If I was going to be replacing it though I would first check out Brakings WAVE rotor. It's pretty affordable for the rear of the Busa and looks trick. Might as well upgrade instead of just replace.

Rev

Oh and yeah, new pads as well definitely. Also give the Caliper a good inspection, make sure there isn't something going there.

I got the following prices for parts:

Parts411.com

Rear Rotor:
EBC $117.78

Rear Pads:
EBC $25.65

Does this seem good?

Someone from a local shop said to look and be sure that the rear wheel spacer was put on the last time the tire was changed. How can I tell by looking at it? Anyone got a pic by chance?

MZ...here's a link to the shop manual. It should give you all of the information you need.

It's a large PDF file, so be prepared for some download time unless you're on DSL/Cable.

Hope this helps.
biggrin.gif

MZ...here's a link to the shop manual.  It should give you all of the information you need.

It's a large PDF file, so be prepared for some download time unless you're on DSL/Cable.

Hope this helps.
biggrin.gif
I have this manual and I've read over page 2-29 and 2-30 but there is no mention of a rear wheel spacer. Does anyone have a pic of one?

Parts411.com

Rear Rotor:
EBC $117.78

Rear Pads:
EBC $25.65

Does this seem good?
Hey MeltDown, I've got a spare rear rotor, and it's in good shape. I won't ever use it, so it's yours if you want it. Yes, it's FREE! My feeling is that..."why would I charge someone I don't know something for something that I would just simply give away under the same circumstance to someone I do know?
rock.gif
" I can ship it this afternoon if you like. BTW, don't worry about the shipping because I have a lil' hookup at the local USPS/UPS store..
biggrin.gif
PM or email me your info if you'd like me to ship today.

Brian

Parts411.com

Rear Rotor:
EBC $117.78

Rear Pads:
EBC $25.65

Does this seem good?
Hey MeltDown, I've got a spare rear rotor, and it's in good shape.  I won't ever use it, so it's yours if you want it.  Yes, it's FREE!  My feeling is that..."why would I charge someone I don't know something for something that I would just simply give away under the same circumstance to someone I do know?
rock.gif
"  I can ship it this afternoon if you like.  BTW, don't worry about the shipping because I have a lil' hookup at the local USPS/UPS store..
biggrin.gif
 PM or email me your info if you'd like me to ship today.

Brian
That is very generous of you. Thank you!!! I'll PM you my info.

That is very generous of you.  Thank you!!!  I'll PM you my info.
Hey man, it's the least I could do since you shared that picture of your lady...
biggrin.gif
 Which, BTW, I still don't think is yours.  That's probably your sister...
laugh.gif
 Just bullshittin' man.

Brian
Hey, even modelesk girls need good boyfriends too
smile.gif

In addition to the items I need for the bike, I've just laid out $600 in wood for boarding my house and my girlfriends house for the hurricane. Then, I got my roof ripped up and had some other window damage as well. So, the timing of your generousity is pretty good. I was thinking I was going to have to have the bike sit for a while.

Thanks man!

Back