HELP PLEASE rear brake sticking

goodluck

boosted finally
Donating Member
Registered
put on a new rotor and new ebc brake pads and changed over to some aftermarket rear sets. when i changed the rear sets the brake would return on its own now that i have had the caliper apart and put in the new brake pads it sticks and you have to pull the brake pedal up. i am lost have been back through them multiple times and cant figure out what i did wrong any help is appreciated

I've never done it before, but this is what I'd do.  Remove the rear resevoir cover, check level---it may be too high due to the thickness of the new pads.  If that doesn't work, take top of res off, remove pads, clean pistons thoroughly with break cleaner and brush.  Compress pistons back in -watch the fluid level.  Replace pads and slowly pump the brakes gently, not hard.  Add or remove fluid if necessary- it should be right between h and l with new pads. Replace resevoir cap and you should be fine.

That should work.  If not, rebleed the brakes or loosen and retorque bolts on rotor.

I've never done it before, but this is what I'd do.  Remove the rear resevoir cover, check level---it may be too high due to the thickness of the new pads.  If that doesn't work, take top of res off, remove pads, clean pistons thoroughly with break cleaner and brush.  Compress pistons back in -watch the fluid level.  Replace pads and slowly pump the brakes gently, not hard.  Add or remove fluid if necessary- it should be right between h and l with new pads. Replace resevoir cap and you should be fine.

That should work.  If not, rebleed the brakes or loosen and retorque bolts on rotor.
i never thought about the rotor bolts being to tight

i never thought about the rotor bolts being to tight
Or if one of the bolts is misaligned or not seated correctly. I guarantee the pistons are stuck out b/c they may have some debree crammed in there.

Good luck

Make sure you put the retainer springs on the correct side of the pads. If they're backward, they might bind up like that.

--Wag--

Back