Can I get a pic of a rear wheel spacer?

MeltDownZ

Registered
About 1.5 months after having a new tire installed at the dealer, my rear rotor is grooved. I have been told to see if the dealer replaced the rear wheel spacer. I don't know what this part is. I have the shop manual and I've read over page 2-29 and 2-30 but there is no mention of a rear wheel spacer. Does anyone have a pic of one? Thanks!

here you go i think it is #2, 11, or 12
rock.gif
???

http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/300_0306/rear_wheel/rear_wheel.cfm

<!--EDIT|phatjoe
Reason for Edit: None given...|1094647197 -->

Hey MeltDown, did you notice any grooves before the tire install?
rock.gif
If so, then you need to check your rear brake pads. If you're sure it wasn't grooved before, then I would not ride that bike again until I get it back to the dealer and they verify that all parts are where they need to be. Actually it wouldn't surprise me if they screwed it up. I find that at most motorcycle dealerships, the salespeople as well as the technicians don't know squat about bikes. That's why I have the shop manual and I study it and try to learn about every component of my bike, where it goes, and how it works. It also helps to be a little mechanically inclined. This doesn't seem to work too well for the mechanically challenged...
biggrin.gif
, but that's why this board is here. Damn! I LOVE THIS PLACE!

Brian

Another thing MeltDown, when a rear tire is changed the only component that will usually just fall off is the drive hub, and maybe one or two of the rubber bushings, but they are easily put back. Those wheel spacers would pretty much have to be pushed out in some way. If one, or both did come out, it will be number 11 or 12, or maybe even both. It could have been an oversight though. If you look at your rear wheel and all you see is the little black dust cover for the bearings, then the spacer is missing. Go check!

Brian

Another thing MeltDown, when a rear tire is changed the only component that will usually just fall off is the drive hub, and maybe one or two of the rubber bushings, but they are easily put back.  Those wheel spacers would pretty much have to be pushed out in some way.  If one, or both did come out, it will be number 11 or 12, or maybe even both.  It could have been an oversight though.  If you look at your rear wheel and all you see is the little black dust cover for the bearings, then the spacer is missing.  Go check!

Brian
Thanks for the info man!

I am sure that there was no groves before the tire change. I check the bike over regularly.

Back