Gen 2 R1 Wheel Project

mike04busa

Registered
IMG_0429.JPG
Just got my wheels in the mail today. Put the new sprocket on. I have to get the front rotor spacers and the rear rotor and iam ready to mount them up. Next pics should be with the new wheels all mounted up

IMG_0761.JPG

I would like to do this also.

Please keep us posted of any issues you encounter.

Isn't the rear wheel a straight up swap out ~ I believe the front has spacer issues to make it work . . .

pics001-jpg.1548070.jpg

I wonder if it would be easier to mount up an R1 front end under there with everything . . .

The rear rotor is a smaller diameter on the Busa wheel. I believe SAE makes the correct one that fits the Yamaha wheel You may or may not need to use a spacer in between the rear wheel and inside of the swing arm. On my gen 1 I used a thin washer so that when I tightened the rear wheel it diddnt get pulled into the rear wheel spacers. I diddnt want to "squeeze" the swingarm to close up the very small void there was. I read that someone makes the spacers for the front rotors. I need to call and find out. I will weight the wheels once everything is apart. By the way REDBULL, that's a nice looking Busa man.

The rear rotor is a smaller diameter on the Busa wheel .

I believe SAE makes the correct one
that fits the Yamaha R1 wheel . . .

You may or may not need to use
a spacer in between the rear wheel
and inside of the swing arm . . .

On my gen 1 I used a thin washer
so that when I tightened the rear wheel
it did not get pulled into the rear wheel spacers .

I did not want to "squeeze" the swing arm
to close up the very small void there was .

I read that someone makes the spacers for the front rotors .

I need to call and find out .

I will weight the wheels
once everything is apart .

By the way @RedBull ,
that is a nice looking
Hayabusa man .

:beerchug:

Last edited:
Back