front wheel spacers?

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
Is there a spacer on the throttle side of the front wheel? I think there is but i cant find the stupid thing, took the wheel off 2 weeks ago for powdercoat. tryin to put here back togather now.

Pics would help too:thumbsup:

Here you go sir. Goes on the throttle side on a GenII, I imagine a Gen 1 is the same.

IMAG0372.jpg

thats the one i dont have, thanks charlie:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Not sure where it went too, probly gonna order a new one monday.

Are you sure you pulled it when you pulled the wheel? If you can't find it you may have left it in then lost it when moving the wheel around.

You gonna have that thing pieced back together for the bash? Spacers, shocks, springs, clutch levers...you got stuff going everywhere.

This bike has been fightin me the whole way...

The spacer is just plain GONE!! Ive searched everywhere, toolbox, floor, car trunk, under everything, i called the shop that had it, he doesnt remember seeing it. I called a local guy that has tons of Busa parts, hes gonna look but doesnt think he has one. Goin to the dealership monday morning to order one, may not be the cheapest, but likely that fastest.

Ill have her ready one way or another, just need the spacer and clip masterlink, came with a rivet style, I dont have the riveter or extra cash/time to order one.

dam I just got rid of my stock wheels, I dont even remember a spacer on the front wheel, gonna go look see what I can find outside in a lil bit.

Bring the rivit style with if you want and I'll bring my flaring tool. Just let me know if you are so I can put it in the trailer.

This bike has been fightin me the whole way...

The spacer is just plain GONE!! Ive searched everywhere, toolbox, floor, car trunk, under everything, i called the shop that had it, he doesnt remember seeing it. I called a local guy that has tons of Busa parts, hes gonna look but doesnt think he has one. Goin to the dealership monday morning to order one, may not be the cheapest, but likely that fastest.

Ill have her ready one way or another, just need the spacer and clip masterlink, came with a rivet style, I dont have the riveter or extra cash/time to order one.

Rear wheel has same just was cleaning it here at work.... Easyer to clean wheel when its off

Don't be silly....you know you have to trim off the excess first right.:laugh:

I'll go put the chain tool in now so I won't forget.

Please bring the rivet tool, rather that than the clip. This will hold for now, right? :lol:

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

do you have a gen 1? I do have an aftermarket front wheel but like I said I dont remember spacers on my stock front either and im 99.9% sure the aftermarket is the same as the stock. This one I have does NOT have any spacer on either side, the axle nut is the spacer on the throttle side, screws all the way up to the bearing.

do you have a gen 1? I do have an aftermarket front wheel but like I said I dont remember spacers on my stock front either and im 99.9% sure the aftermarket is the same as the stock. This one I have does NOT have any spacer on either side, the axle nut is the spacer on the throttle side, screws all the way up to the bearing.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I think your right, Ive go spacer that sits in the wheel, sits flush. I think thats what 2bb pic is showing. I thought there was a spacer that sat outside the wheel.... I tightened up the axel, it went all the way to the bearing and spins free.

I think I imagined a part that was never there:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Pic on the way...

I think I figured, thanks for helping out guys, I jjust had a MAJOR brain fart on this one, im really not an idiot :lol:

uploadfromtaptalk1302391451614.jpg

you had me second guessing to, had to pull the wheel real quick and make sure everything looked right, im getting good at taking this thing apart:whistle:

Back