Need Wheel Help.

Lunchy

Registered
Bought OZ Piega Gen2 Hayabusa wheels. The direction arrow points forward, but the spacer slot is on clutch side. With the spacer, there is still 1/8 of an inch of play. Being my first wheel swap, is that normal? Motowheels didn't say I needed further spacers. Thanks for any help.

So I swithced the direction arrow to rotate backwards, now the spacer is on the throttle side (only side it will fit. But still an 1/8" gap on the clutch side. I took it for a quick drive, I can't tell if it just turns in easier or if the wheel is moving back and forth. Any help would be appreciated. I'm thinking maybe Oz installed the bearings backwards? Any harm come from running reverse?

If the rotors are spinning without binding, I'd say you are good to go. If there was a gap, the rotors would not spin properly against the calipers.

Front wheel I assume since you can reverse it? You need a spacer on one side, and the fat end of the axle on the other. This pinches the bearings correctly. Otherwise it is not so good ...

Stock the spacer goes on the clutch side.

Your comments are confusing. On my bike the clutch side is the throttle side.

I'm a big stupid dumb stupid idiot. The 1/8 gap I was seeing became very apparent when I took it back off. The "gap" I was seeing was just the shoulder on the axle sleeve. But, still don't really know what happened. I put the tire on the wheel in the same direction, yet going to mount it, the calipers wouldn't line up with the rotors. So switching direction put the spacer on the throttle side, and the other gap, was just the axle shoulder on clutch side. I'm assuming OZ just put the bearings in backwards? Is that possible? Again, thanks for any and all help.

Back