Chromed rear brake rotor

rdj6107

Registered
has anyone installed this on their busa. i got a little shop happy on one of the chrome sites. i saw this rear brake rotor and had to have it. my bike is not going to be a show bike. its and everyday street bike. rear sprocket is being chromed, chrome chain and chrome oem wheels

rear brake rotor.jpg

Its useless untill the the pad scruff off the chrome. Pads on chrome dont stop anything. USe your $$$ on a wave rear rotor.

Its useless untill the the pad scruff off the chrome. Pads on chrome dont stop anything. USe your $$$ on a wave rear rotor.

And you never know how the chrome is going to react to being rubbed off, Go with the wave rotor, Work Great and look good, Best pics I have.

==========================================================

000_2731.jpg

000_2732.jpg

I'd just hang it on the wall as shop art...but that's just me...I wanna stop when I press down on the lever:whistle: plus after a few miles, it seems it won't look as pretty

yeah i've contacted the vendor and they are gonna let me return it. this is my 1st attempt at an upgrade. NOW, is it ok if i have the center chromed or blackened. on the back as well as the front???????????????

Yeah, from my understanding you can chrome the inserts that hold the rotors on both the front and back. Just be careful of the tolerance when you chrome. You don't want to add to much material where things won't go back together later.

get yourself a stainless rotor and polish it then run kevlar or organic pads. they only brush the surface not flake it like the chrome will the first time a rock gets in your pads.

the rotor that i purchased is 410 series polished stainless steel. that's why i thought i would be able to use it. ITS NOT CHROME PLATED. i cant believe i am the 1st idiot who bought one of these for his busa. anybody got any picS? front or back cuz they make them for both, however i heard they have a tendency to whistle in the front.

Back