Is the Hayabusa a GSXR?

i think u guy and what we would say in the navy is NUKING IT term meaning to the nuclear rates being that if u give a nuke an bag and tell them to find there way out of the bag they will try to figure out a way to go threw the wall of the bag its a GSX1300R end of story not GSXR1300 so no i wouldnt consider it a true be family gixxer but better hoooyah

It's not a gixxer, it's the daddy of all gixxers :laugh:

Dennis and others are correct. Those riding the GSX-R600, 750, and 1000 have gixxers.

As posted above it is a GSX :thumbsup: :laugh:

WTH difference does it make that R on the left side isn't going to help it at all against the guy with the R on the right:moon:

all the nascar guys go left....and we KNOW how messed up they are....lol

ok here's my theory.

the Hayabusa is not a Gixxer. the GSXR series are all race bikes. that are classed as track race bikes. the 1300cc is too big for any track race series and gets it's own designation. GSX1300R.
the Hayabusa stands in a class by it's self. :bowdown:

:whistle:well that's my best guess anyway. :handball:

It is not a GSXR, it's a GSX. The letters to the left of the number define the model. The letter on the right is the sub model.

The GXSRs are the GSXR600, GSXR750 and GSXR1000.

its a sport touring model. basically its a Katana1300R. but dont tell it that it thinks its a GSXR1300R:rofl:

GS = Family of Suzuki motorcycles
X = 4 valve per cylinder
1300 = displacement in cc
R = just sounds cool and differentiates the Hayabusa from the GSX-F Katana line

Is it a Gixxer? Absolutely not... it's better. :bowdown:

It's a GSXR but it stands above the Gixxer's because it's got its own unique name and reputation... It's a HAYABUSA! or BUSA if you wish...

ok here's my theory.

the Hayabusa is not a Gixxer. the GSXR series are all race bikes. that are classed as track race bikes. the 1300cc is too big for any track race series and gets it's own designation. GSX1300R.

I've heard this too, also they put the R at the end to keep in the GSXR family to help sales when first released.

ok here's my theory.

Just a thought here - but isn't it a race when 2 bikes line up and go as fast as they can for a quarter mile? I think the Busa has been a dominate player amongst stock motorcycles for a decade at the drag "RACES"...

It's a Katana more than a Gixxer. It's not a track bike, from the factory it's more a hyper-tourer. It's way too heavy and comfortable to be a race bike, which all the gixxers are.
It's more like an extension of the 1100 Katana than anything else, and the motor is based on the RF 900.
We have all modified them to our own tastes, and they can be made to handle like a track bike (or anything else you want really...) but they weren't designed to be a gixxer.

From what I understand, the R is placed on the right side so it can be insured in a class more similar to a sport tourer than a GSXR. If you look at "Most" insurance policies, I believe you'll see a cheaper rate or a slight difference in classification for the Busa than say your average GSXR liter bike.

Just what I heard, nothing solid in front of me to back it up...

Just for the record - the insurance geeks who do the actuary tables are pretty smart guys who deal with empirical numbers. I don't think for a second a displaced R designation in the model number has anything to do with the insurers assumed risk in insuring any particular motocycle. Think about it - "a rose by any other name would smell so sweet" and "a Busa by any other name would be so fast"... I'd gladly call my B-King a Vespa if it would save a few hundred dollars a year in insurance rates.

Just checked the Suzuki site, the R stands for "ridiculouslyfast" - apparently the spacing was lost in the translation :laugh:

Back