Gsxr 1k hp

You guys got to stop picking on that poor guy, hes telling the true, "my friend" took his busa to the same dyno guy and is doing 280hp with just an oil change and a new air filter...
:rofl::rofl:

Damn. Read the title to this thread, "Gsxr 1k hp"

And I thought, Wow! A GSXR with 1000 horsepower!! This I gotta see!!!!

TEAM GIXXER!!!

Hey Keith have you signed up for barber in September yet?

I have potentially sold the TL so if he brings the cabbage for it on Monday then I am signing up for barber in October too! Potential 3 track days this year!

GO TEAM GIXXER!!!!!

September, not yet Jay, but I'm planning to for sure!

Those numbers are not in those bikes. You are talking internal engine mods to get that. The 02 was about 145 rwhp and the 05 was around 160 rwhp. 145 to 178 with a tune, pipe, and air filter? Doesn't sound right.

Even your numbers are generous. That's suzuki claimed HP. The 02 is closer to 140. I bought the first two 05 GSXR1K's that arrived at out dealership and they both produced 153 ponies. I bought an O6 and it made 154 on the same dyno fresh out of the crate.

There is no way in hell Charlie's 2nd cousin got 245 without internal work and lots of it. To much moonshine maybe? With a pipe and dyno tune you are lucky to get an additional 10 HP and my luck as always been more like 5-7.

Charlie, you gotta stay away from those family reunions! :whistle:

Mountains of North GA...what do you expect. To finish this fine story, he was riding a beat up mid 80s GoldWing that was covered in dirt. He was revving the engine out when he pulled up like it was a sport bike with a wicked nice exhaust.

He has no idea how much entertainment he is providing....:laugh:

Even your numbers are generous. That's suzuki claimed HP. The 02 is closer to 140. I bought the first two 05 GSXR1K's that arrived at out dealership and they both produced 153 ponies. I bought an O6 and it made 154 on the same dyno fresh out of the crate.

There is no way in hell Charlie's 2nd cousin got 245 without internal work and lots of it. To much moonshine maybe? With a pipe and dyno tune you are lucky to get an additional 10 HP and my luck as always been more like 5-7.

Charlie, you gotta stay away from those family reunions! :whistle:

I know how he got 245rwhp on just a tune, instead of blowing air with fans the probly were spraying nitrous at the intake,

some shops do this to make their tunes look much better

I know how he got 245rwhp on just a tune, instead of blowing air with fans the probly were spraying nitrous at the intake,

some shops do this to make their tunes look much better

Seems that if they sprayed enough nitrous to get anywhere near 245, the engine would probably suffer some sort of mechanical failure. Who knows... I'm sure the guy was just blowing smoke anyway.

My 02 gsxr 1000 stock put 145 rwhp. With bolt ons and a tune I got 152rwhp. The 03-04s where good for 152rwhp to 155rwhp with full bolt ons and a tune. The 05-06s got 158 to 165rwhp with full bolt ons and a tune. Some slightly higher! The 07-08s got 162-169 rwhp with full bolt ons and a tune. The 09-11s get 164-171 rwhp with full bolt ons and a tune.

Full bolt ons are a full race exhaust, timing retard removed, pair valve mod, air filter upgrade, stock cams degreed, and ecm tuning.

Hope this helps!

You guys need to check out the competition more so you know what you are up against... :rofl:

What is the most HP anyone has seen a 1K produce that is not on the bottle or turbo'd? Had a bigger, badder, better guy up at blood mountain say "his buddy" has a GSXR 1K that made like 245 RWHP....

Actually there are some 1k's that will make that but they aren't going to be a street bike that lives....

You are talking all the works bored/stroked 1097cc...

01-04 models: Carpenter Race Engines 240hp

05-08 models: Carpenter Race Engines 240hp+

Other options: Lees Performance - #1 In Motorcycle Performance - Charlotte NC

Happy Hunting guys... :laugh:

Those numbers are not in those bikes. You are talking internal engine mods to get that. The 02 was about 145 rwhp and the 05 was around 160 rwhp. 145 to 178 with a tune, pipe, and air filter? Doesn't sound right.
Thats only a 33hp gain, according to what I've heard you can get that just by bolting on a Brocks pipe and installing his canned map :whistle: :laugh:
And I heard Elvis and Micheal Jackson were alive and roomating in an undisclosed location preparing for a new collaborated album release :beerchug: :thumbsup:

Usually when someone says "I have a buddy.....," it means they're not too sure if what they're saying is true or not and are too embarrassed to claim the fact as their own. :laugh:

The only time I use the "I have a buddy" story is when I'm haggling a deal at a dealership; it's an indirect way of saying "I know you're screwing me on this price, so lower it and we have a deal."

That Gsxr 1000 was my old one. I got sick of it chewing up tires, so I moved on...
Read my sig, you'll see it in there. :whistle:

In 19 and 76 I had a stock Pinto that made 2000 RWHP after I replaced the air intake hose with a turbo fan :whistle:

On Regular Unleaded :laugh:

Back in 1895 my grandpa ran a 4 horse power buggy with no suspension all it cost to run was 2 bags of oats for the week and no one could get near him at top speed:laugh:

Back