GSXR 1000 to Busa move or vice versa

My last bike was an '01 Gixxer 100 so I guess not modern enough? :laugh:
Yes, the Busa is a lot heavier but in no way does it feel clumsy to me. Huge difference in comfort. Never again could I have a GSX-R as my only bike but I'm older now than I was then. If there were a track near me I would buy a used 750, track prep it and it would probably never touch the street.

I had a 05 gixxer 1000 and now I have a 09 Busa. The Busa is more comfortable for me as I'm 6'4 always felt I was at the maximum height limit for the gixxer. It was lighter and I was able to throw it around easier in the turns. The Busa feels more comfortable especially when I ride the Mrs. I did end putting weight on my wrists with the gixxer though but the Busa is surprisingly very nimble for it's size.

I also am thinking of getting a 2016 1000, but like the 09 busa, I will heighten the bars 1-2 inches and lower the footpegs 1-2 inches and boy does it make a difference. As far as comfort from the others like harleys or goldwings, I have a 2010 wing and because of my back problems, the busa is way easier on my back due to sitting straight up on g/w and leaning over on busa is easier on my back and not being hit straight up from bumps but my hips are hit more, and thats not at all bad as I'm almost 60 years old and I never would have thought my busa would be easier on my back, but it is and especially with the changes I mentioned.

Back